Powers of Ten (TEN)

avroair

I can see the participant page!

I can now too.

Okay, so I am confused. I sent my colors in before the conversation about the back of the coin. In the artwork, the interior ring was shown black for raised metal. How can it be colored? It looks like the artwork has changed. Is this correct?

It has. You basically have a 4th area on the back.

Okay, so I am confused. I sent my colors in before the conversation about the back of the coin. In the artwork, the interior ring was shown black for raised metal. How can it be colored? It looks like the artwork has changed. Is this correct?

It has. You basically have a 4th area on the back.

Yup, I got a dozen emails asking if it could be colored in. Then a dozen more with submissions of it colored in.

Here's the geoswag Harlequinn version:

09ff92aa-f5a2-4777-bf4e-9d48de3e8814.jpg

I definitely should have joined this conversation sooner! Hopefully the below information clears some things up.

You should all now have access to the spreadsheet showing color choices. If you don't, let me know and I'll email you the spreadsheet.

The final mint art is now shown on the Powers of 10 site. Art A shows color areas by a color key and Art B shows them by number. This is the official art that I'm using to create artwork for each location. There was a mix up with colors 7 and 8 switching. Please note that the final mint art matched the original positions of 7 and 8. I think I have all the 7/8 colors correct on the spreadsheet. Please check the spreadsheet and if your colors are reversed let me know.

We added areas 9 and 10 for a few people who requested that. If you did not choose colors for area 9 and 10 DON'T PANIC - I will use the same colors that you selected for 5 and 6 for those.

Even though there are 10 different color areas on the front, you can still only use up to 5 colors.

I will have mint artwork for everyone next week so you can confirm your colors before the coins go to mint. If you haven't sent me color choices yet please get those into me by the end of the day.

Emma

PS - I love everyone's color choices - these coins are going to turn out great! :laughing:

01. Avroair --- Seattle

02. BAT --- Northeast Illinois

03. ELTADA --- Ontario

04. Crowesfeat30 --- St. Louis, MO

05. Lucecitka --- Praha, Czech republic

06. gorfner --- Fayetteville, NC

07. LadyBee4T & TeamEccs21--Southfield, Michigan GC2BBQ5

08. kayakerinme - Portland Maine

09. NOSNOW - Minnesota (Twin Cities) GC2C0TP

10. Space Coast Geocachers Merritt Island, FL

11. hjnielsen - Kaysville, Utah

12. LionsLair - Forgotten Coast, Florida (Apalachicola/Mexico Beach)

13. AlliedOz - Perth, Western Australia

14. JoenSue - New Jersey

15. AtlantaGal - South Carolina (Myrtle Beach)

16. mmacgown - Long Island, New York

17. anne.and.eli - Santa Cruz/San Jose, CA

18. Cache_in_Hand, MustangJoni & Hedge Hopper - Dallas, TX

19. fatkidsOTWunite - Georgia (Columbus)

20. Vanelle - Ithaca, NY

21. Cache Addict - Denver, Colorado

22. mar-elendili - Switzerland

23. GeoGerms and 808ladybug - O'ahu, Hawai'i

24. WebXXI & Fraldinhas - Portugal

25. Lizzardman - UK

26. Lag Pins - Ft Myers, FL

27. mattfamily - Akron, Ohio

28. Cache Kitty ---- Lafayette, Indiana

29. Lost-A-Pair - Bend, Oregon (Central Oregon)

Lisa, is that you? :laughing:

Wow, that Harlequin version is spectacular!!

Here is what we ended up doing for Santa Cruz. I tried every which way complex patterns and ended up going with one of the simplest coloring schemes we came up with. :shocked:

101010darkgreen.jpg

colors.jpg

Nice colours Anne,

but i'm just rely to your post to invite you to this event at Santa Cruz :laughing: Just take a look :angry:

http://coord.info/GC2BR4C

eheh

Paulo

Our Georgia event page is up GC2CH4A in Columbus and we have a "sister" event GC2CHHT happening across the state in Savannah but we're sharing the same coin. Marianne, Savannah is far enough away from your event, isn't it? I just realized it might be kinda close to you.

Can't wait to see all the finished coins!

Janet

Marianne, Savannah is far enough away from your event, isn't it? I just realized it might be kinda close to you.

Yep, Savannah is 4 hours from here. It's also a different state. If you were doing Charleston, that would be a conflict. Wilmington, NC would be an issue as well.

Is the time line still good? Artwork approval before Aug 4th? Both my partner and I will be attending the Midwest Geobash from August 4th through August 8 and will have NO internet access during that time at all. If that date slips even a day we won't have a chance to check the art work. Not sure if others have this problem or not. With the problem with the artwork last time I would really like to see it before I pay for these. Its not a problem if the payment date slips, just the artwork approval.

Is the time line still good? Artwork approval before Aug 4th? Both my partner and I will be attending the Midwest Geobash from August 4th through August 8 and will have NO internet access during that time at all. If that date slips even a day we won't have a chance to check the art work. Not sure if others have this problem or not. With the problem with the artwork last time I would really like to see it before I pay for these. Its not a problem if the payment date slips, just the artwork approval.

I will be at the Bash also but will have internet access. We'll be out of town from probably the 4th thru the 9th. The colors look different on the laptop than they do on my home computer but as long as there is a color key included it will be ok. :) I know what it should look like as long as they use the right enamels. (note to self - be sure to e-mail yourself a file of your mock-up or put it somewhere on line so you will be able to tell if there are any mistakes...) :)

CF30

I am sure glad we have a fun group in Idaho working together on a family friendly event for this year.

Details to follow soon.

Thanks for posting all the updates.

I am trying to get our color choices picked out so we can get this turned in by tomorrow.

I hope to here back from Emma soon or someone else.

Thanks for the help.

Maybe I'm a little late to this game (or too late at all!) but - I am hosting a 10/10/10 event for the Phoenix AZ area - and wanted to see about some coins.

email sent.

Is the time line still good? August 4th... I am guessing you can turn it around as soon as you can. Sorry, forgot about MWGB.

I am sure glad we have a fun group in Idaho working together on a family friendly event for this year.

Details to follow soon.

Thanks for posting all the updates.

I am trying to get our color choices picked out so we can get this turned in by tomorrow.

I hope to here back from Emma soon or someone else.

Thanks for the help.

All taken care of.

Thanks Emma

Is the time line still good? August 4th... I am guessing you can turn it around as soon as you can. Sorry, forgot about MWGB.

Sooooo If we don't get the artwork today I assume that when we get back we will approve the artwork and pay and that will be ok. Even if the artwork is available today I'm not sure if I could get it later......

Sooooo If we don't get the artwork today I assume that when we get back we will approve the artwork and pay and that will be ok. Even if the artwork is available today I'm not sure if I could get it later......

You will be fine. The mint is taking longer than expected to turn around the artwork. People will have 48 hours to review their artwork from the time they get it.

Mark

It may still be a few days before I get mint artwork back but you will have 48 hours to approve art once you get it. There are a few people who did not send me color 4 on the back after that area was added, so if you do need to make a change to your mint artwork please let me know asap so I can get it fixed, espcially for international orders.

I understand that some of you will be at MWGB this weekend and may not be able to get back to me until Monday.

I am going to be sending invoices tomorrow and Friday. Please do not pay for your coins until you have approved your artwork. You will have 48 hours after approving your artwork to send your payment. Billing will be done through Google Checkout. If that doesn't work for you let me know and I'll bill you via PayPal instead. Google is easier for me, so please only request PayPal if you absolutely need to.

I'm going to update the timeline on the google site too. :anibad:

My artwork looks good too but I'm at MWGB until Monday night. I've given it tentative approval but would like to see it on my home computer before finalizing approval. The colors appear to be in the correct areas and the color key is correct. I suppose I could approve it on that basis but I'd prefer to be given the opportunity to be absolutely certain.CF30(sent from my iPod)

Saw this thread today and I´m planning to have a 10-10-10 Event here in Sweden.

I know I'm late for this one with coin and all but because this is new to me I can perhaps be more prepared

for next years 11-11-11 Multi Event.

I have some questions

What was the minimum coins for ordering the "Powers of Ten" coin

and what was the costs?

Is there any other demand to be part of this.

I have not seen Sweden been part of geocoin for 8-8-8, 9-9-9 and 10-10-10 and thats pity.

/Roger

Been waiting a year to post this! Hmmm... this might collide with GeoCoinFest... 10 times the fun! :) Well we have had Lucky 7s, Crazy 8s and Cloud 9s what about 10s?

October 10th, 2010 is a Saturday! :P

Ten is the sum of the first three prime numbers

A polygon with ten sides is a decagon

Ten is the base of the decimal numeral system

The atomic number of neon.

The number of spacetime dimensions in some superstring theories.

The Ten Commandments of Exodus 20:2-13 and Deuteronomy 5:6-17 are considered a cornerstone of Judaism and Christianity.

People traditionally tithed one-tenth of their produce

There are ten cents in a U.S. or Canadian dime, itself one tenth of a dollar. The word was shortened from decime.

# The interval of a major or minor tenth is an octave plus a major or minor third.

# The title of quite a few albums, including recordings by Pearl Jam and LL Cool J

In ten-pin bowling 10 pins are arranged in a triangular pattern and there are 10 frames per game.

In Baseball there are always at least 10 players on the field at a time

Driving a racing car at ten-tenths is driving as fast as possible, on the limit.

# Ten-codes are commonly used on emergency service radio systems.

# Ten refers to the "meter band" on the radio spectrum between 28 and 29.7 MHz, used by amateur radio.

Current number of incarnations of The Doctor in the BBC science fiction television programme Doctor Who

# House number of 10 Downing Street

# The number of Provinces in Canada

# The designation of United States Interstate 10, a freeway that runs from California to Florida.