My Mystery Cache stage passes near a traditional

off-camber

I am building a multi-stage mystery cache. Basically you have a math problem to solve to get to the first clue then each micro cache will have a coord for the next until the finale. Looking at the maps I see there is one traditional along the route but I believe its far enough away from the finale cache and the nearest clue to not be confused.

Is there a problem doing this?

I am building a multi-stage mystery cache. Basically you have a math problem to solve to get to the first clue then each micro cache will have a coord for the next until the finale. Looking at the maps I see there is one traditional along the route but I believe its far enough away from the finale cache and the nearest clue to not be confused.

You could also just make the stage that comes near to the traditional cache a "non-physical stage," to which the rules do not apply. Technically, the stage would need to be non-physical, but if the previous physical stage gives instructions to look for a container at the next coords, despite the fact that it SAYS it's a non-physical, it could serve as a "work around."

However, I don't know how ethical this is considered to be. It's merely a way to make it work in the event that you can't just make your physical stage a non-physical one.

Funny, I had a cache virtually identical it style to what you're proposing to place. Only problem is, it only got two visitors and the none for 4 months. It wasn't that it wasn't accessible because it was right next to a highway. After asking for advice on the forums, I got rid of the stages and posted the puzzle on the page. Now it's got a lot more visits. Here is the link to the aformentioned cache: Mysterious I-35 TB & Geocoin Pit Stop

As to placement distance, you need to make sure that the stages are place at least .10 of a mile apart from another stage and/or another cache. Good luck on your placement!

You could also just make the stage that comes near to the traditional cache a "non-physical stage," to which the rules do not apply. Technically, the stage would need to be non-physical, but if the previous physical stage gives instructions to look for a container at the next coords, despite the fact that it SAYS it's a non-physical, it could serve as a "work around."

However, I don't know how ethical this is considered to be. It's merely a way to make it work in the event that you can't just make your physical stage a non-physical one.

Eventually a reviewer (or a friend of a reviewer) will find that cache and the owner will discover that there's a work-around for that work-around: traffic_cone.gif

Eventually a reviewer (or a friend of a reviewer) will find that cache and the owner will discover that there's a work-around for that work-around: traffic_cone.gif

Point taken. That's why I tried to be clear that it was merely a work-around, and not valid, and that to be consistent with guidelines, it's best to make the stage actually non-physical as to not to violate the 528 rule.

I am a friend to the reviewer, or try to be. :-)