How do I become a Moderator?

the_bell_dingers

Forum mods are typically active in the forums quite a while and have gained the trust of Groundspeak. Groundspeak will recruit new mods if a need arises.

If they need one and feel you are qualified for the job, they will be in contact.

BlueDeuce and I must not be very wanted with over 25,000 posts between us.... :lol:

I'm too cranky. Now if they wanted to give me the ability to move bugs into the Great Unknown then I would be interested. :(

whats the Great Unknown? :lol:

The area beyond the lesser unknown.

( I believe that refers to Travel bugs still listed as being in a cache although several finders have stated that it is gone from the cache - so to get it off of the "inventory" for that cache - you move it to "unknown". Only cache owners and TB owners can normally do that )

I'm too cranky. Now if they wanted to give me the ability to move bugs into the Great Unknown then I would be interested. :(

whats the Great Unknown? :lol:

Travel bugs and coins can be moved to an "Unknown Location" when they are not sitting in a cache. For example if a cacher activates a coin that they plan to keep instead of placing it into a cache, they can move it to an unknown location and it won't show in their drop inventory every time they log a cache. It keeps it on their account but nicely out of the way.

Many times bugs and coins get lost in caches and need to be removed from the cache page listing. Both the cache owner and the bug owner can Mark it as Missing. This moves it to an Unknown Location until the owner re-releases it or the traveler resurfaces.

How do I...

I've become convinced that a good mod would run screaming from the very mention that they become a mod and this site only by catching them and convincing them somehow that they should be a mod for the greater good would be ok as a mod. Maybe.

I'm also convinced that anyone who would volunteer for it, is much more likley to be a bad candidate. Just like congress.

How do I...

I've become convinced that a good mod would run screaming from the very mention that they become a mod and this site only by catching them and convincing them somehow that they should be a mod for the greater good would be ok as a mod. Maybe.

I'm also convinced that anyone who would volunteer for it, is much more likley to be a bad candidate. Just like congress.

I always thought that they became a moderator or reviewer because of the large salaries that would make a CEO blush.

Jim

How do I...

...Ionly by catching them and convincing them somehow that they should be a mod for the greater good would be ok as a mod. Maybe.

I always assumed it was extortion. No?!? :)

Surely drugs are involved somehow. Why else would Allanon pointedly note that the new mod had to be "rolled out"? Clearly they over-drugged him and had to roll him to his mod station.

Carolyn

Updated to point out that I, for one, welcome our new Mod Overlord. :D

Edited by Steve&GeoCarolyn

How do I...

...Ionly by catching them and convincing them somehow that they should be a mod for the greater good would be ok as a mod. Maybe.

Surely drugs are involved somehow. Why else would Allanon pointedly note that the new mod had to be "rolled out"? Clearly they over-drugged him and had to roll him to his mod station.

Carolyn

Updated to point out that I, for one, welcome our new Mod Overlord. :D

Spouting beer...through nose....!!! :D:P:D

How do I...

Carolyn

Updated to point out that I, for one, welcome our new Mod Overlord. :P

I sure am glad that you decided to not commit geoforumcide. But I do wonder what little naive you might possibly know about drugs. :D

How do I...

Carolyn

Updated to point out that I, for one, welcome our new Mod Overlord. :P

I sure am glad that you decided to not commit geoforumcide. But I do wonder what little naive you might possibly know about drugs. :D

No geoforumcide, but my job seems to be engaged in a campaign of geotime-icide extending through early December. Don't they know I need to be engaged in geocaching and geochat? <sob sob>

As to drugs, I will have you know that I have watched every episode of The Avengers, Get Smart, and Alias multiple times as well as every James Bond movie over and over. From my educational DVD watching, I know that drugs are commonly used by powerful organizations like geocaching.com to turn intelligent people into willing servants. What other explanation could there be?

Carolyn

Edited by Steve&GeoCarolyn