GONE 5 - NJ: The Crossroads of the Revolution

Old Navy

The Geocachers of the North East (GONE) caching and camping event will celebrate New Jersey's history with the Crossroads of the American Revolution Event - October 2nd through 4th 2009. All are welcome

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...50-e87201fb5cd9

This year's event will be held at a new location in camp Jefferson. See NNJC.org photo gallery tab for camp Jefferson pictures.

The historic New Jersey GONE 5 geocoin had been added to the cache page, as well as event and camping information.

Mark the date...Looking forward to another fun event. Old Navy

For those who experienced GONE at Glen Gray over the years and were turned off by the hilly terrain and long walks between everything in the camp, Camp Jefferson will be a welcome change. The camp itself is fairly flat and everything is concentrated reasonably close together.

It's really a great venue for G.O.N.E. So for those of you who are gone from G.O.N.E. because of the logistics and terrain at Glen Gray, it's time to consider coming to back to G.O.N.E.

Hopefully we'll see you there.

The new camp Jefferson trail has been completed by many NNJC volunteers, there are 8 - 10 new treequest and Old Navy caches placed in the Jefferson/Mahlon Dickerson area and will be activated just in time for the Saturday event 10/3.

Please mark the date! come for the day event Saturday and stay as little or as long as you want. NNJC will be holding group hikes, a Geo-101 class, Lunch, Dinner, event raffle caches, campfire and a movie at 9:00 PM at the amphitheater, then we also hold a fun night cache hike throughout camp Jefferson. There is plenty of cabins and tent space available for those who wish to stay over and camp out.

As Briansnat mentioned, this area is very different then Camp Glen Gray, the facilities are very nice and the trails are great.

The New Jersey geocoins and camping reservation info is on the cache page, any question let me know.

Hope to see you all at GONE 5!

Old Navy

I'm not the most social person & I'm wondering what Saturday will be like. If it's a day of heavy socializing, activities, games, etc - I'm probably not interested. If it's an hour of chatting at 10:00am, followed by a group breaking off to do a good 2-6 hour geocaching hike - count me in.

Bill

I'm not the most social person & I'm wondering what Saturday will be like. If it's a day of heavy socializing, activities, games, etc - I'm probably not interested. If it's an hour of chatting at 10:00am, followed by a group breaking off to do a good 2-6 hour geocaching hike - count me in.

Bill

It's all up to you. Some people will be doing heavy socializing, participating in games and other activities and some will be out caching all day. One of the nice things about events such as GONE is that they are what you make of them. Impromptu groups will probably form for cache hunting around camp, or to hit up some of the nearby caches in Mahlon. Others may go off alone. Still others will do a mix. A few hours of socializing and a few hours of caching.

I like the social aspects of the event so I'll probably be a camp fly while I'm there. Others will stop in, say hello and disappear for the rest of the day, maybe stopping by again later for the bonfire - or not.

Bill, It has always been one of my small regrets that I have never been able to get to a GONE Event, each year , icluding the year I got within one mile-only to get mired (literally) in a swamp waist deep in mud, things have conspired to block me. One year it is parents weekend, or some other thing. Every year I say this is the year I will get there. And this is the year, so go and enjoy--it gets good reviews every year.

Thanks guys - I guess I'll try to make it there & hope some people are interested in a good caching hike after not too much time.

Bill

I'm sure you can gather a group yourself, or latch on to one that is going out. And who knows, you might find that we're a fun bunch of people and find yourself socializing more than you expect.

REMINDER GONE 5 EVENT THIS WEEKEND!!

The Geocachers of the North East (GONE) caching and camping event will celebrate New Jersey's history with the Crossroads of the American Revolution Event - October 2nd through 4th 2009. All are welcome

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...50-e87201fb5cd9

This year's event will be held at a new location in camp Jefferson. See NNJC.org photo gallery tab for camp Jefferson pictures.

The historic New Jersey GONE 5 geocoin had been added to the cache page, as well as event and camping information.