Deliberate Plundering of Caches

The Bakkers

Just wondering what coarse of action one can do to stop certain members from stealing the caches and posting that they plundered the site. There is a local group that after everyone of their finds the logs will then show a few DNF and eventually the owner says the cache is not there. I am new and I visited several of these and put a watch on them to see if others would find after I dod not. Turns out all of my DNFs were missing, and when I checked them I see the same last person claiming to have plunder the cash. I went to that users stats and almost all of there finds are now crossed out in red. Its too bad, as its happening in my neck of the woods and affects my finds.

Any advice from the veterans

...Any advice from the veterans

Cache maggotry is all about the ego. Don't feed their ego by giving them credit for their evil acts. They post to cause missery, and when they see the missery and angst they have caused they feed on and are rewarded.

On the other hand you can play with them like a toy if you do give key feedback to them in the right way. They are after all human if not the sharpest tool as indicated by their choice of venue to play out their little evil hijinx.

Publish a new cache, but don't place one. Revel in the thought of the plunderers searching for a loooong time for a cache that isn't there!

(Oh and, better message everyone in the local community so they don't try it... or post an ALR or something and warn the non-plunderers when they contact, you that there is no cache and they should log it as a find)

Just wondering what coarse of action one can do to stop certain members from stealing the caches and posting that they plundered the site. There is a local group that after everyone of their finds the logs will then show a few DNF and eventually the owner says the cache is not there. I am new and I visited several of these and put a watch on them to see if others would find after I dod not. Turns out all of my DNFs were missing, and when I checked them I see the same last person claiming to have plunder the cash. I went to that users stats and almost all of there finds are now crossed out in red. Its too bad, as its happening in my neck of the woods and affects my finds.

Any advice from the veterans

I'd say avoid going for the caches were it was posted as being plundered. But that's just me.

LOL I had a chuckle when I read this one :)

""Publish a new cache, but don't place one. Revel in the thought of the plunderers searching for a loooong time for a cache that isn't there!

(Oh and, better message everyone in the local community so they don't try it... or post an ALR or something and warn the non-plunderers when they contact, you that there is no cache and they should log it as a find)""

Edited by anakerose

"hidden in lamp post, to crack the combination to release the cache hold the black wire and then touch the red one with the other hand and bang it will appear" lol at least it will remove one muggle and save plenty of caches.

dont do it its tongue in cheek humour for those who think im serious.