backtrack on Colorado 300

RangerR47

It is there, but quite buggy.... The track saving and tracback are the serious bugs that have never been fixed.

Hmm, guess i will have to test this out soon.

OK so at this point has just about all the other issues been worked out on the Colorado? I know if you see threads about a year ago they are all gripes about this and that missing or not working. But of coarse when its working you dont have people come make threads on that usually. Or did everyone just give up? I got mine over the weekend on clearance at Best Buy for $279 and loaded it up with topos and CN. Grabbed a quick geocache right down the street from my house to test it out and it led me right to it, within 4ft of it actually. Then I used CN to guide me home. I know this is hardly enough to really get a feel, but all this worked without a hitch.

In my opinion Colorado with firmware 2.90 or 2.95 is fantastic.

Trackback is not a bug. When we collect track, say- with 200mtr point to point interval and later we try to navigate in trackback mode - works good. But - in that situation - is there any difference between trackback and navigation "on route"? In my opinion - not.

In reality we collect trackpoints in 1 - 5 sec interval, or less than 100 meters. We like precision. Track "must be correct". But "trackback" mode with this track is impossible in reality. Pointer jump from one trackpoint to another, trip computer gives wrong information, nightmare. But it is not a bug, it is ( and will be) impossible to navigate from point to point situated 3-4 meters one from another using device with 3 -5 mtr "position error" (or more).

If you want to use a track for trackback, collect trackpoints in - say- 100mtr interwal. Or create route - using more precise track.

Creating route on Colorado takes minutes, you dont need MapSource, we can change route- points, add new points, delete... do everything. It is possible to create route -point on screen everywhere, you dont need waypoints, POI etc. It is a big feature on Colorado, comparing with 60CS(x) and with Oregon. On Oregon precision (situating route-points) is not possible with fingers. We must use stick. on Colorado it is possible to create in 2- 3 minutes ( say 10 route points ) with one hand. Try.

I use Colorado from 03/2008. Used Oregon 2 weeks. I wait for better track management in Colorado ( like in Oregon or 60CS's). I forgot 2.94 beta nightmare/firmware. Colorado is fantastic.

Christopher

Edited by sokolo0

It is there, but quite buggy.... The track saving and tracback are the serious bugs that have never been fixed.

Hmm, guess i will have to test this out soon.

OK so at this point has just about all the other issues been worked out on the Colorado? I know if you see threads about a year ago they are all gripes about this and that missing or not working. But of coarse when its working you dont have people come make threads on that usually. Or did everyone just give up? I got mine over the weekend on clearance at Best Buy for $279 and loaded it up with topos and CN. Grabbed a quick geocache right down the street from my house to test it out and it led me right to it, within 4ft of it actually. Then I used CN to guide me home. I know this is hardly enough to really get a feel, but all this worked without a hitch.

Hi,

Could I ask what S/N yours is? Everything except for the last two digits (xx), is all I need.

I'm looking at getting one, and I want to get as late a S/N as I can get.

By the way, is it a 300 or a 400T?

Thx.

Hi,

Could I ask what S/N yours is? Everything except for the last two digits (xx), is all I need.

I'm looking at getting one, and I want to get as late a S/N as I can get.

By the way, is it a 300 or a 400T?

Thx.

I've had two Colorado 400t units.

1. 18Z0040xx - purchased shortly after release in Feb 2008

2. 18Z0338xx - a replacement directly from Garmin in July 2009

Although, the S/N really shouldn't matter much as you can update the unit software and gps software for free through the Garmin WebUpdater utility.