cache etiquette

bigbob22

Hello,

i have just started geocashing and so far i am on a quest to find a cache with a travel bug. i take them log them and move them to the next site. today i went to a cache with 2 trackables in it. I took only one because i did not want to be rude. my question is simple.

If i find a cache with 2 or more trackables can i take them all or only take one?

Hello,

i have just started geocashing and so far i am on a quest to find a cache with a travel bug. i take them log them and move them to the next site. today i went to a cache with 2 trackables in it. I took only one because i did not want to be rude. my question is simple.

If i find a cache with 2 or more trackables can i take them all or only take one?

Feel free to take as many as you feel like moving along. It would be nice if you can help them along thier missions as well.

You also might take into consideration how often the cache is visited...

If you're the first visit in 3 months, I bet those bug owners would appreciate you moving them along...

If it gets found on a daily basis, you could leave one for the next guy to take... but you don't have to.

Hopefully they have mission cards attached, so you can determine if you can help them out or not. That would be the biggest factor in my decision.

But I usually take a picture of the tracking number so I can discover it... that way the bug owner knows is bug has made it another day!

Hello,

You can take them all.

Hello,

Consider this. You chose one of those trackables over the other. Suppose another TB gets dropped into the cache. The next person chooses the new TB over the other (for whatever reason). As long as there is more than one TB in a cache if you only take one of them, the other isn't moving.

I too went on a "I got the bug to find a bug" When I looked at a cache with multiple bugs in it I evaluated how long they have been there. IF 3 had been there a month I would take all three ( knowing that I would move them quick) If there were 2 and they had just got dropeed in the last week, I would take 1. I make it a point to find a cache to drop the bugs in even if I have been there before. Presently I have 2 tackables out with 1 being picked up for 3 weeks ( yes it is traveling abit of distance ) but would love to see it back in circulation. I think the cacher might be trying to fufill the goal in 1 jump :)

On a side note.. other than specific instructions (no brainer there) is there any rule for how far they need to move? I don't get out of my home town much.. maybe I move them from a remote site to one within my town that may be visited by out-of-towners?

Go for it. Every little bit helps.

Try to add a photo or tell a good story if you can.

On a side note.. other than specific instructions (no brainer there) is there any rule for how far they need to move? I don't get out of my home town much.. maybe I move them from a remote site to one within my town that may be visited by out-of-towners?

No rule on how far. If the trackable can fit, you could move it to the next closest cache.

Bruce