Quick Halloween Mission

sunsetmeadowlark

1. Participating - Email sent 9/7/09

2. Received Name - 9/29/09

3. Mission Complete

4. Mission Arrived! - 10/1/09

Thank you, sunsetmeadowlark! I have been eyeing the Eye of the Tribal Flower coin, especially. It is sooo gorgeous!! My normal camera is half-broken, so here's some low res camera phone pictures showing just how awesome sunsetmeadowlark is. :o

First things first, the coins!

coins.jpg

CANDY!! All bagged up ready to take into school with me, so I don't scarf it all down like a pig. ;) The candy corn flavored soda is sort of scary; I haven't been brave enough to try it yet. candy.jpg

And other goodies. I have plans for the big red spider involving a labmate's cube.

scaryspider.jpg

goodies.jpg

Thank you again! I am excited for Halloween already. :)

Candy Corn Flavored soda, Holy Wow!!

Neva herd suchathing!!!!!LOL!!!!

It's in the fridge. I figure it's got to taste absolutely AWFUL when it's warm. I'll let you all know the results, once I work up the courage to try it. :lol:

I can vouch for that! I gave my husband and son each a can (BTW, I got it at Target, they had several other Halloween related flavors too) and my son immediately opened his even though it was warm. Of course, I had to taste it. Eeeewwww! Not sure it'll be much better cold but it was at least worth a laugh!

I can vouch for that! I gave my husband and son each a can (BTW, I got it at Target, they had several other Halloween related flavors too) and my son immediately opened his even though it was warm. Of course, I had to taste it. Eeeewwww! Not sure it'll be much better cold but it was at least worth a laugh!

It's actually really good cold! Tastes sort of like a really sweet cream soda. You just have to ignore the eye-searingly bright yellow color (or don't make the same mistake I did of pouring it into a glass). :lol:

1. Participating - email sent 9/7/09(My Birthday).

2. Received Name - Yes, 9/27/09

3. Mission Complete - Yes, package mailed 10/3/09.

4. Mission Arrived!

I am leaving for Geocoinfest today and won't be back home until 10/26/09. Yep three week road trip with lots of caching involved. Hopefully I will have a package wainting when I get home.

I got my Halloween Mission!! It arrived yesterday, and I opened it today. Now everyone really didn't think I would wait until Halloween did they?

The box was from Maine ... that would be Maine family :lol:

Really it was all treats... but on the trick side we have

A card, a cute beanie ghost, and a flashing witch light ... lots of candy (well there was more than in this picture)

001b700a-5c65-4034-a0c0-85006d90b60c.jpg

On the treat side...

Again I am amazed at the thoughtfulness and generosity in these missions. An Earth Turtle! I never expected to own one of these! A Cachestalkers - right in line for Maine Family and all the work with Todies Wild Ride. A travel dolphin - I have been wanting these, they are so cute, and so me! And a adventure guide trackable, which is a very clever idea for a TB tag.

94ef238a-adc6-4cb0-a560-dc84be9b8aed.jpg

Thank you very much!

P.S. My outgoing package is coming together nicely. Keep in mind, the longer till I send it out, the more goodies it is collecting.

1. Participating - Email sent September 7th

2. Received Name - Received! Now to get some fast research done!

3. Mission Complete - Sent October 5th. Had all the stuff for almost a week and just had to find time to get it packed up and sent. Finally managed today and it should arrive in a week (maybe less).

4. Mission Arrived!

Participating-yes

Received Name- 9-27-09

Mission Shipped- should be the end of this week...waiting on one coin

Mission Arrived- 10-5-09!!

SANY0112-1.jpg

SANY0113-1.jpg

Thank you Maine Family for a great Halloween mission...I know I'm a pain to find coins for...the best part of getting mission from the Maine Family is if you can't identify a coin, they'll be able to tell you what it is (but that's a different post!)

The coins are an Adventure Guide, Dragon Talisman, and A Team Rod and TodwKaboom.

ILYK

I am still working on trying to get mine sent out. Have not gotten the coins I ordered yet and I still need to get a few spooky things to drop in.

In the meantime, the dogs are going nuts. They want to open their package so bad. I had to put in a higher place so it would be out of sight, out of mind, out of smell distance....lol Told them they had to wait till Halloween, I dont think they get the concept

Grandson- age 4 (almost 5 he keeps telling me)

1. Participating- YES Sent email 9/14

2. Received Name----9/28

3. Mission Complete: 9/30 in the hands of the post office

4. Mission Arrived

Nana- Adult

2. Received Name---9/28 9/30 in the hands of the post office. Has been received.

3. Mission Complete:

4. Mission Arrived

Papa

2. Received Name----9/28

3. Mission Complete: 9/30 in the hands of the post office. Has been received.

4. Mission Arrived: Arrived today from Team Eccs21. There was 4 coins. Official deputy Midwest Geobash 2009, a 2009 Geocoin Poker Challenge-red, Get the necessities and their personal coin, which says, good judgment comes form experience, experience comes from bad judgment. We didn't have any of the coins and liked them all. A nice Halloween card. My grandson is going to love the other thing in the box. A 10 foot floating bat. He has been decorating for Halloween and had gotten a few bats to put out but nothing this big. He will be excited this weekend when we go hang it up. Thank you Team Eccs21. The mission was fantastic.

85ce5c69-fbce-40c8-a92d-f89aa44da1dd.jpg

1. Participating: Yep! signed up 9-11-09 and email sent

2. Received Name: Got it on 9-28-09 (my son's birthday)- I'm so excited to get this name! B)

:D;)

3. Mission Complete: I'm still working on it, but I will have it out by Friday.

4. Mission Arrived! YES!!! I got it yesterday, 10-05-09. THANK YOU TANK HOUNDS!!! YOU ARE INCREDIBLY GENEROUS!!!

I have been out of town and just got home yesterday. There was an amazing package awaiting me from The Tank Hounds. I'll get pictures tomorrow and post them, so you can see what I mean. But for now, I will luxuriate in my newly sent Geocoins and yummy candy. . .no wait, I can't eat that, I have to take a picture tomorrow. . .drats! :D

So my second update:

Mission crazybear

1. Participating E-Mail sent 08.09.2009

2. Received Name 27.09.2009

3. Mission Complete 06.10.2009

4. Mission Arrived!

Mission honey

1. Participating E-Mail sent 08.09.2009

2. Received Name 27.09.2009

3. Mission Complete 06.10.2009

4. Mission Arrived!

Sorry this year it isn´t so much in the Mail.

Hope you like it.

Greatings René

P1110778.jpg

Okay, first, all of the wonderful goodies-yes, this was taken earlier today, so there is very little of it left. You cannot imagine how much resistance it took for me not to dig into this candy as soon as I opened the box. :)

And for the Pièce de résistance-all of these wonderful Geocoins and Pathtags!

P1110787.jpg

Thank you so much Tank Hounds! It was so wonderful opening your package to find these wonderful Geocoins, Pathtags, and Candy. You cannot image how excited I was when I finally opened it. I loved all of the little boxes (pictured above) that had the Geocoins and Pathtags. How clever of you.

Your kindness, generosity, time, and efforts are immensely appreciated. Thank you and Happy Halloween!!

Woo got my package contents today..... because of the distance of where I'm sending it, I had to be creative in what I sent...I don't think my target would want a large goo of melted chocolate all over everything. :P

MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm .....

Melted Chocolaty Goooooooooooooo ... drooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

1. Participating - 9/7/09

2. Received Name - 9/27/09

3. Mission Complete - 9/29/09 - Post office said 5-10 days to travel internationally! :P

4. Mission Arrived!

Wow. That has to be a record for getting one's mission out. You really took the "Quick" Halloween Mission seriously! :P

:P I had to get it out before I leave! I was afraid to leave it until I got back because I didn't want to forget. Plus I am excited! I think my recipient will be very happy!

Your recipient is ecstatic, not only have you hit his sweet tooth (which is all of them :D ) you have completed a quest. It was the two Musketeers I seek to complete my collection, THANK YOU so very much. The candy, the very cute Dracubear :o , the candy, stickers (which will come handy for the two little ones next door who we have become very fond of), the gift basket of candy, the charms, the Halloween buttons, the candy, the Halloween toothpicks (or foodpicks), did I mention the candy :o and a handmade wire spider that is marvellous as is the card that will grace our home and the two lovely Four Musketeer coins, did I mention the candy :o .

Thank you both to make it such a wonderful day. :o:o:o:o:o

003-3.jpg006-1.jpg005-5.jpg

1 - Particiating - Sept 7/09

2 - Received Name - Sept 28/09 Oh and I was looking at the Halloween stuff today

3 - Mission Complete - Mission sent Oct 6 (5-10 days)

4 - Mission Received – October 8th Thank You anne.and eli

Papa

2. Received Name----9/28

3. Mission Complete: 9/30 in the hands of the post office. Has been received.

4. Mission Arrived: Arrived today from Team Eccs21. There was 4 coins. Official deputy Midwest Geobash 2009, a 2009 Geocoin Poker Challenge-red, Get the necessities and their personal coin, which says, good judgment comes form experience, experience comes from bad judgment. We didn't have any of the coins and liked them all. A nice Halloween card. My grandson is going to love the other thing in the box. A 10 foot floating bat. He has been decorating for Halloween and had gotten a few bats to put out but nothing this big. He will be excited this weekend when we go hang it up. Thank you Team Eccs21. The mission was fantastic.

IPB Image

You're welcome, have fun with the Bat :P

Wow. I've had all the stuff for this sitting on my living room floor for the last week! Finally had time to go over to the post office this morning.

Thanks for a fun mission!

1. Participating - Email sent 9/7/09

2. Received Name - 9/29/09

3. Mission Complete - mailed 10/9/09

4. Mission Arrived! - 10/1/09

all i can say is holly crap!!! i found this box sitting by my door after returning from getting everyone breakfast. it musta weighed 3 lbs!!

ab895533-72ac-401b-9e3d-4011896fae29.jpg

as we sat and ate breakfast, i kept eyeballen the box like i wonder what the heck is in there!!!, Ted you over did your self on this one . as i opened it-it was packed to the brim!!!!

ea5448cb-f2ed-4497-965d-0d67901da8f1.jpg

i started to pull things out,, saying to myself,, whoa,, wow,, cool!!! geez!! stuff just kept commin and commin,, and commin out untill my whole table was full of stuff. i couldent belive it!!! it seriously filled my whole kitchen table!!!

bd80c164-8038-4263-972a-0fc6c574594a.jpg

there was 2 bears, a witch, a hailo, some grow monster pills, a magnetic tablet,a pack of glow in the dark stickers, 6 halloween stamps, and assortment of tons of candy including fingers, eyeballs, choco pumpkins, a halloween pez despenser with pez candy, and much more candy!!! there was also some horns you mount to your head with makeup and blood, a clear web designed bag to put everything in and a pumpkin bag for the leaves witch we really needed because today when we woke up there were very few leaves on the ground, but by this afternoon.......we couldent even see our yard!!

dfa4eb7c-2f81-42cb-8145-deccd4f12b9a.jpg

and at the very bottom of the box i found a card, and i opened it, it was a disco card, what i thought was just jewels on the front, and 2 envlopes containing coins with instructions on how to open them ,, i had to open one before the other, and ted wasent responsible for what would happen if i dident!!

so i opened the first one i was susposto and out came 2 very cool looking canada coins.

fdd66273-8d98-48d3-9a02-9accaee56307.jpg

and then very intrested to see what my fate was, i slowly opened the other, at just that moment the card started to sing and flash,, what i thought were jewels were actually lights, , and kinda cought me ungarded, i musta bumped the button i dident see while unattaching the small envlope. it was cool flashing and singing along,, and zariah started to dance!!! haha it was very funnie!!

the last envlope had a dragon ladon coin in it, the one i needed to complete my set of them!!! awesome!!!!

2df71399-25c0-44a9-8f7e-1fb3c5c98b5d.jpg

as i glared at the coins and the packed table, Zariah kept pressing the cat on the card that makes it sing, and she grabbed a bear and made it dance too!!

fe636b2f-32bb-4349-a252-d30ee65eab27.jpg

with a mouth full of candy the bear and zariah danced and danced, HAPPILY EVER AFTER!!! the end!!

d4ecb777-78c6-4671-aa5b-4c91f6857270.jpg

ted you rock bud, thanks so much for the mission, the fun, the laughs, the stuff, and the enjoyment!!!

that was awesome!!! and Zariah is been freekin out for some more candy all day!!! hahaha

thank you soooooooo much for this!!!

jay!!

1. Participating - Adult 9-9-09

2. Received Name - Yep 9-28-09

3. Mission Complete

4. Mission Arrived - Yep 10-10-09 and it was making all kinds of noise. Freaked the dogs right out. I was not home and the wife was going crazy, she wanted to know what was inside. I had to open the box when I got home. Got some neat things. The box was addressed to me from me. So who ever sent it, you must have drove USPS nuts with it. Everytime you bump the package it went off. I have not opened the coin envelope yet, trying to save it for halloween. Thanks.

Will post pics when I open the coins.

1. Participating - Pet 9-9-09

2. Received Name - Yep 9-28-09

3. Mission Complete

4. Mission Arrived - Yep 10-1-09, man was that quick.

:):):D The pictures says it all - Happy Halloween

BTW is that snow I see? Man they have been forecasting flurries for the weekend but today was just lovely, got out caching with my daughter, just a few years older then yours(20+) ;)

it is snow!! :( the second snow weve got already, i think its gonna be a bad winter!!, means this year at work, will be alot of snow removel. tired just thinking about it!!

1. Participating- email sent 9/11/09

2. Received Name- 9/28/09

3. Mission Complete- 10/09/09

4. Mission Arrived!- 10/10/09

Received a box on Saturday AM, from Canada.Return address seemed familiar, but I couldn't quite place the name. Opened the package, and WOW! Some candy, some Halloween decorations, some Halloween tattoos, and three coins. First was a 'Forum Treverorum' Hanna Hexe charity coin, then a Geo-Goblins coin. Finally, and revealing the reason for the familiar name on the return address, a trade only version of ELTADA's Caching by Boat coin-truly completing the set I bought when it came out in April. Again, WOW! and Thank You Tanya !!!

Rick

Received a box on Saturday AM, from Canada.Return address seemed familiar, but I couldn't quite place the name. Opened the package, and WOW! Some candy, some Halloween decorations, some Halloween tattoos, and three coins. First was a 'Forum Treverorum' Hanna Hexe charity coin, then a Geo-Goblins coin. Finally, and revealing the reason for the familiar name on the return address, a trade only version of ELTADA's Caching by Boat coin-truly completing the set I bought when it came out in April. Again, WOW! and Thank You Tanya !!!

Rick

Glad it got there safe and sound and you liked everything. I haven't done a mission in awhile and it was fun to jump into it again. The trade only version is one of only 15 made (can't remember if I said that in the package) and please feel free to trade ANY of the coins I gave you -- there is no obligation for you to keep them. Just for the record! :D You have a short seeking list (only one coin that I could find) so if any of them help you to acquire some coins you really love, I will be happy!

All the best! And thanks for posting your comments...I always look forward to that part of the mission.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.............

872e8c51-db3c-4fb4-8535-508774ea821f.jpg

OH Man!!!!!!!!!!!!! PHEW!!!!!!!!! It's my Halloween Mission.

I should have known , as it was from me to me and I would NEVER send myself .....

... such mmmmmmmmmmmchocommmmmmlateymmmmmmmgoodmmmchocolatemmmmm.

I LOVE White Chocolate!!!!!!!

Oh and those Roaches, They weren't real, tee hee, Right?

Right?

The very cool flashing Pumpkin Light scared them off anyway!!!!!!

Yup,

I found that light in a ready to launch lock n lock cache, along with the mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmchocolatymmmmmmmmmmmmm,

and an acrylic replica of a beautiful Lighthouse Postal Stamp ,probablly near the senders home,

A mini book of scary stories that is awesome, I likey scary stories!!!

And 2 Geoins from my seeking list, The North American Lobster and a RI Quohog . Just Perfect!!!!!!!!!

So Much Fun on a Rain in Maine day!!!

Thank You sooooo Much , Ric , ...er... I mean Mystery Sender! LOL!!!

I Truly LOVE my Halloween Mission.

Thanx To you and yours! :D ,

Opalsns