Trackables

Little Logger

I'm new to trackables and just placed the first two. One has been retreived and the other is still in the cache. I got a notice and saw the log entry stating the TB was retrieved and 6 days later another cacher posted "grabbed" it from the same cache. Supposedly it was no longer in that cache. However, the TB home page shows it is in the possession of the second person. I don't understand this.

:laughing: Can the original person still drop it? Is it in the hands of 2 people? I want to make sure that the TB continues it's journey.. Are there 2 tracks, one physical and one virtual?

Please help!!! I don't want my little TB to get lost. It seems like that happens all to often.

I see what you mean.

I think the site is having a problem with showing where a bug is listed when someone does a Retrieve, Discover or Grab.

I would suspect the last cacher Grabbed it away from the person who did the Retrieve. You can certainly contact the cacher who did the Grab it to verify they have the bug in their possession.

I'll post your issue ni this thread: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=230590

Also, you don't want to show the tracking number in your photos or post it anywhere online. Some people will log it without having found it. You can use Microsoft Paint to smudge out the number from the photo.

Talking about Trackables:

I retrieved a TB from a cache. When I wanted to log this, I found out, that the TB was not logged as being dropped in this cache but (officially) should be in a different cache. The person who retrieved it from there, did not log this.

So, how can I log this TB as being retrieved from the cache it actually was in? :)

I retrieved a TB from a cache. When I wanted to log this, I found out, that the TB was not logged as being dropped in this cache but (officially) should be in a different cache. The person who retrieved it from there, did not log this.

So, how can I log this TB as being retrieved from the cache it actually was in? :)

It's possible that the reason the TB has not been logged into the cache correctly is because the cacher is on holiday and hasn't had a chance to get on-line and do the "dropped off" log yet, so when this sort of thing happens it's considerate to wait a while (maybe give them a week?) before doing anything.

If it still hasn't been correctly logged in then, from the TB's page, you can do a "grabbed from <name of first cache>" log, which will put the TB into your account. Then, to keep the record of the TB's jouney accurate, you can "dip it" in and out of the cache where you did find it.

MrsB :laughing:

It's possible that the reason the TB has not been logged into the cache correctly is because the cacher is on holiday and hasn't had a chance to get on-line and do the "dropped off" log yet, so when this sort of thing happens it's considerate to wait a while (maybe give them a week?) before doing anything.

If it still hasn't been correctly logged in then, from the TB's page, you can do a "grabbed from <name of first cache>" log, which will put the TB into your account. Then, to keep the record of the TB's jouney accurate, you can "dip it" in and out of the cache where you did find it.

MrsB :laughing:

After the retrieve happened more than two weeks ago, I did as you described. Thanks for your help. :laughing: