How long does it take to get your Cache Published

jlee18

Please reply.

When I submit a new cache for publication, how long will it take to be listed?

Each cache that is submitted to Geocaching.com is reviewed by a volunteer, to ensure that the cache meets the Geocaching Listing Guidelines. This process may take up to 72 hours to have your cache posted to the web site. We kindly ask for your patience during this review, especially on weekends when site traffic can be high.

Don't forget, this is also a long weekend, we might be a little busier once we get back from our excursion out.

At the rate I am seeing caches published around here, I can't imagine it getting any busier.

Our reviewers are incredibly busy and responsive.

If you are waiting a couple of days, use the time to go out and find a few more caches and get some ideas on how others hide their caches.

Don't forget, this is also a long weekend, we might be a little busier once we get back from our excursion out.

At the rate I am seeing caches published around here, I can't imagine it getting any busier.

If you are waiting a couple of days, use the time to go out and find a few more caches and get some ideas on how others hide their caches.

True, I said that when I brought on a second reviewer for Ontario, then another as I stepped off a little and now there are three full time reviewers for Ontario not including myself. I must say they do a great job as I do watch the Ontario queue. In fact, as far as I am concerned, then entire Canadian review team does a great job, things are much busier then when I reviewed the country :)

True, I said that when I brought on a second reviewer for Ontario, then another as I stepped off a little and now there are three full time reviewers for Ontario not including myself. I must say they do a great job as I do watch the Ontario queue. In fact, as far as I am concerned, then entire Canadian review team does a great job, things are much busier then when I reviewed the country :anibad:

I agree Cache-Tech! The reviewers in Ontario are fabulous publishing quickly and helping out if you have a question... of which I can say, I have had a few that CD has been great in helping me with the answers. I think that they all do a great job!

Thanks to all the reviewers!! :o

True, I said that when I brought on a second reviewer for Ontario, then another as I stepped off a little and now there are three full time reviewers for Ontario not including myself. I must say they do a great job as I do watch the Ontario queue. In fact, as far as I am concerned, then entire Canadian review team does a great job, things are much busier then when I reviewed the country :o

I've always been curious. I used to imagine that reviewers were just folks like me, who worked regular day jobs and then came home to do all the work of reviewing. From what I've just read, I'm wondering... even though the reviewers are volunteers, perhaps reviewing geocaches is what they do all day long. Perhaps like a retired person?

I'm just so curious. Is reviewing caches a "full-time (volunteer) job" for some of the reviewers in Ontario or Canada? :anibad:

True, I said that when I brought on a second reviewer for Ontario, then another as I stepped off a little and now there are three full time reviewers for Ontario not including myself. I must say they do a great job as I do watch the Ontario queue. In fact, as far as I am concerned, then entire Canadian review team does a great job, things are much busier then when I reviewed the country :D

I've always been curious. I used to imagine that reviewers were just folks like me, who worked regular day jobs and then came home to do all the work of reviewing. From what I've just read, I'm wondering... even though the reviewers are volunteers, perhaps reviewing geocaches is what they do all day long. Perhaps like a retired person?

I'm just so curious. Is reviewing caches a "full-time (volunteer) job" for some of the reviewers in Ontario or Canada? :blink:

Not to be secretive but that question really cannot be answered because some reviewers are open like myself and Cache-Tech, and some are still hidden.

Unfortunately,  my reviewer became upset with me for something I said/did by asking a question on a geocache Facebook page (I did apologize for unintentionally offending her), and told me she was not going to approve my caches for two days (so she could calm down). It's been over four days now,  and I still haven't heard anything.  I submitted my caches a week ago. What do you do if a reviewer will not review your caches?  I'm not saying she won't,  but I am getting worried,  and just want to be prepared just incase.

Edited by EarthGurgleMama
9 hours ago, EarthGurgleMama said:

Unfortunately,  my reviewer became upset with me for something I said/did by asking a question on a geocache Facebook page (I did apologize for unintentionally offending her), and told me she was not going to approve my caches for two days (so she could calm down). It's been over four days now,  and I still haven't heard anything.  I submitted my caches a week ago. What do you do if a reviewer will not review your caches?  I'm not saying she won't,  but I am getting worried,  and just want to be prepared just incase.

My recommendation would be to do nothing at this point. You don't want to poke the bear and make the situation even worse. If it gets up to more than a week or two with no sign of activity or communication, I'd send a very contrite and apologetic follow-up message.

Take this as a lesson learned: the reviewers have ears everywhere, so don't talk about them behind their back. Even if you think you're saying something about them on a seemingly-private platform, they may have friends that will forward your comments to them.

• Upvote 2
31 minutes ago, The A-Team said:

My recommendation would be to do nothing at this point.

Take this as a lesson learned:

Yep.  

Whatever was said, it appears it was enough to bug a volunteer Reviewer. 

I'd sit it out a while.   I agree with The A-Team, maybe a full week before I'd ask in a respectful way about it. 

- Don't forget, you're the one that needs to build a relationship with your Reviewer again.  :)

I don't even belong to faceboook , tweeter or any others, yet I usually know pretty quick when someone's saying something about me.  

When you say something (maybe) not nice online, realize there's always someone who'll tell.   :D

17 minutes ago, Viajero Perdido said:

Did you post a reviewer note to that effect (issue addressed), and re-submit it?  That's how you get their attention.

Thank you for this helpful advice.  You were correct - @DougDawn had not resubmitted their cache for review until this evening.  I'm sure that their Reviewer will respond promptly now that they can see the cache in their review queue.

• Upvote 1