Logged TB drop in wrong cache - help!

Team Smudge

I've got in a muddle logging a couple of geocoins, and have logged that I dropped off one in the wrong cache. I don't have the serial number any more so can't grab it to drop it off in the right cache, and can't find a way to delete the entry. The owner of the geocoin is in Denmark, so emailing them asking for the serial number might be problematic. Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Team Smudge

... yes, email the owner and explain your error.

Meanwhile

1. Put a note on the geocoin's page explaining that it's not in XXXX cache, it's in YYYY cache.

2. Put a note on XXXX cache explaining it's not there...

3. Put a note on YYYY cache explaining it is in there.

You can't do any more!

It's a common mistake that most cachers make at some time in their geocaching life. Even if you don't get a reply from the owner, hopefully the matter will be corrected when someone finds the geocoin in YYYY cache and then logs it correctly.

MrsB ;)

I would e-mail the owner and either ask for the number or ask them to move it.

Andy

As andy says - explain the situation and they'll probably pass on the tracking number (and most scandanavians speak good english, if you're worried about that!)

alternatively, put a note on the cace page and/or bug page and ask the next mover to let you know the number, and then you can sort out between you!