** HooDoo Geocoin **

tsunrisebey

Keeping my Utah theme going here, this is my other design that will debut at GCF in SLC in October. I haven't revealed the design until now.

It's been a few years since I've been there but I did a little tour of Bryce Canyon National Park in Utah. My mom and I were on a short road trip down to Arizona and then back up to Montana together. We decided to hit Bryce Canyon. I just remember thinking how cool the rock formations were and there was this special feeling, almost haunting in a good way. Every once in awhile you go to a place that for whatever reason you feel it's special for some unknown reason and this is one place that I've always remembered because of the way I felt when I was there.

The coin itself does not have any Hoodoo rock formations on it but it's on offshoot of the the place as a whole. I guess the front of the coin is how Bryce Canyon made me feel when I was there, if that makes any sense? It's that feeling you get at night on a full moon and you hear the coyotes calling to each other. It's eerily haunting but you can't tear yourself away from whatever it is that's drawing you in. You sit there and you continue to look and listen in the dark. Then your dogs starts barking and wrecks the moment, lol.

Anyhow, you get the idea here, so I drew the coin with this part of Utah on my mind. Other than the Tatanka, this is the smallest coin I've ever minted: 1.5" and it's ROUND! Can you believe that? haha. Not only that but I did a glow version and I've never used glow before:) It's just meant to be a simple and fun design that would also be reasonably priced for GCF :laughing: They are very cute in person.

I minted 75 of both of the editions you see below. Those editions won't be reminted as they were created special for the event. They are trackable with a unique icon, 3mm thick. When I get home if there are any left, I'll add them to the store and I will eventually do a remint in some fun color schemes and new metals.

So introducing the HooDoo geocoin, a fun and cute design special for GCF :D

1) HooDoo UTE (Nickel) - Red/Black/White coloring

2) HooDoo Halloween (BN/Glow) - in the picture the sand looks pink but it's really orange. You'll just have to trust me on that part. - Black/Orange/Green/White coloring for Halloweenish effect.

*** The pictures taken in the dark are not great but it gives you the idea ;)

Looking forward to seeing you at GCF and I'm posting this now so I don't have to hurry as the event closes in and to allow people to plan what it is they want when they get there. (I haven't determined a price yet for these but I'll post it soon).

tsun

9609picscoins015.jpg

9609picscoins013a.JPG

Hoodooglow9109002.jpg

Hoodooglow9109004.jpg

I really liked Bryce too when I was there eons ago. I have a picture of it hanging on the wall to this day.

I really like the UTE version. Now if I win the lottery between now and then I will be there. Since you have to actually buy a lottery ticket I guess I won't be a winner and get one of these cool coins. ;)

sorry to keep replying to your posts like some kind of deranged stalker....but I love this one.

ugghhhh

It's ok to be a part-time stalker, lol. Just don't show up at my place of work and we'll be ok :D

I'm glad you like it. Maybe I should not post the pics of the Neptunes Compass coins and just give you a break huh? ;) The sad part is the Armadillos are very close tomaking their way here too :D It's going to be coin heaven at the tsun table :laughing:

sorry to keep replying to your posts like some kind of deranged stalker....but I love this one.

ugghhhh

It's ok to be a part-time stalker, lol. Just don't show up at my place of work and we'll be ok :D

I'm glad you like it. Maybe I should not post the pics of the Neptunes Compass coins and just give you a break huh? ;) The sad part is the Armadillos are very close tomaking their way here too :D It's going to be coin heaven at the tsun table :laughing:

OMG the armadillos too? I NEED to go out and buy that lottery ticket!!! Better idea. I can be your assistant :D

Since I missed out on the last sale of your coins, I will try to be first in line at the Tsun table at GCF... However with all these great new coins coming out I may have to take out a small loan in order to get them all ;)

I understand what you meant about the haunting feelings you got when you were at Bryce canyon. I have visited Bryce a number of times and I always get a strange magical feeling while I'm there. In the winter time it is especially haunting because there are hardly any visitors there and with the snow working as sound deadening it is almost completely silent. It is unlike any feeling I have felt before in other places. It is not a scary feeling or anything like that, just a weird feeling; almost like the place is alive. It may be the Native American spirits that call Bryce canyon home, or maybe even the spirits of some of the early pioneers who rest near the canyon. Either way, for me Bryce canyon is a very special place and I know that I will be returning there to visit many many times.

Here is my favorite picture from Bryce Canyon. I took this one a few years back in the dead of winter right after 2 inches of snow fall the night before. I got up before dawn and was the second vehicle into the park before sunrise (I could tell because there was only one set of tire tracks in the snow). It was about 5 degrees out and quiet as the inside of a cave and I had to wait about 30 minutes for the sun to start rising before I could get any good pictures. After snapping about 100 pictures I hightailed it back to the comfort of the hotel and some hot chocolate to warm myself up. I just can't wait until I can get back there; maybe I will schedule a little side trip to the canyon on my way to GCF...

BryceSunrise0250percent.jpg

See you at GCF (and please, please save me some of your coins :laughing:)

Since I missed out on the last sale of your coins, I will try to be first in line at the Tsun table at GCF... However with all these great new coins coming out I may have to take out a small loan in order to get them all :laughing:

I understand what you meant about the haunting feelings you got when you were at Bryce canyon. I have visited Bryce a number of times and I always get a strange magical feeling while I'm there. In the winter time it is especially haunting because there are hardly any visitors there and with the snow working as sound deadening it is almost completely silent. It is unlike any feeling I have felt before in other places. It is not a scary feeling or anything like that, just a weird feeling; almost like the place is alive. It may be the Native American spirits that call Bryce canyon home, or maybe even the spirits of some of the early pioneers who rest near the canyon. Either way, for me Bryce canyon is a very special place and I know that I will be returning there to visit many many times.

Here is my favorite picture from Bryce Canyon. I took this one a few years back in the dead of winter right after 2 inches of snow fall the night before. I got up before dawn and was the second vehicle into the park before sunrise (I could tell because there was only one set of tire tracks in the snow). It was about 5 degrees out and quiet as the inside of a cave and I had to wait about 30 minutes for the sun to start rising before I could get any good pictures. After snapping about 100 pictures I hightailed it back to the comfort of the hotel and some hot chocolate to warm myself up. I just can't wait until I can get back there; maybe I will schedule a little side trip to the canyon on my way to GCF...

BryceSunrise0250percent.jpg

See you at GCF (and please, please save me some of your coins :D)

--------------------------

WOW! That's gorgeous!!! ;)

Just a quick FYI....

I just listed the remaining coins from GCF (not much of anything left - all coins are trackable of course). If you wanted a HooDoo coin, you might want to grab it because I decided that I'm not going remint these so this will end up being a scarce coin design.

I didn't put out a newsletter but I just mentioned this on FB.

Have a nice weekend B)

tsun ;)

Just a quick FYI....

I just listed the remaining coins from GCF (not much of anything left - all coins are trackable of course). If you wanted a HooDoo coin, you might want to grab it because I decided that I'm not going remint these so this will end up being a scarce coin design.

I didn't put out a newsletter but I just mentioned this on FB.

Have a nice weekend B)

tsun ;)

cool ordered a couple! haven't seen these before - must have missed the thread a while back.

lara

I wish I had money. lol

I had money & coins in my cart. But the site won't let me pay for them at checkout. ;)

If you're having a problem, you should email me, so I can help you. I don't sit on the threads here. Please describe the problem you are having in your email. I put 1 of each in my cart and went right to paypal no problem. No other emails received with problems either. So, drop me a note.

tsun

I wish I had money. lol

I had money & coins in my cart. But the site won't let me pay for them at checkout. B)

If you're having a problem, you should email me, so I can help you. I don't sit on the threads here. Please describe the problem you are having in your email. I put 1 of each in my cart and went right to paypal no problem. No other emails received with problems either. So, drop me a note.

tsun

They finally went through! YEAH! I had to switch computers for some reason. Thank you, tsun, I was just venting a bit of frustration in my post; expected the site to be a tad busy, but the repeated kick-out at the billing address was getting to me after the first hour. Dang that hole in the cart! ;) , but I am excited for anything you design showing up in my mailbox!

Just a minor thing I do need to e-mail you about though.

Got the one we wanted too, woohoo! Best Tsun sale ever, thank you! :laughing:

It's so much easier and less pressure when I just show up and say; "surprise, coins for sale here." :)

However, I feel a timed sale coming up in a couple of months, that outta be a real joy B)

tsun, you don't have sales; you have lotteries! I just play, and hope to win something. ;)