Stalked by CO

Puppy Dawg

What would you do if you were at a nightcache and realized the CO was stalking you?

Not enough information. We need to know more, to decide if we needed to get ready to share a beer, or use deadly force, or somewhere in between. ;)

I have heard of people hiding on the trail to a night cache, and jumping out to scare the hunters. However, that seems to be mostly on Halloween night. :laughing:

What would you do if you were at a nightcache and realized the CO was stalking you?

Not enough information. We need to know more, to decide if we needed to get ready to share a beer, or use deadly force, or somewhere in between. ;)

I have heard of people hiding on the trail to a night cache, and jumping out to scare the hunters. However, that seems to be mostly on Halloween night. :laughing:

Yes, I have had someone do this on a cache I was trying to get FTF on. They had already found it and knew someone else would be along soon.

Scared me a little but we chatted for a while afterwards.

And it wasn't even Halloween...

How do I know it's the CO? and not just "somebody else is out there"?

I'd probably call out to ask who was there, hoping it's another cacher.

If no response, I'd leave and log a DNF due to creepiness.

And if I found out it was the CO who thought that was part of the game, well, I'd probably never reattempt and never do any other caches by that CO because I play this game for fun, and feeling like I'm being stalked is not in my definition of fun.

Would probably turn me off night caches for good, or at least for a good long time, to boot.

;) After clicking on that awful link in your signature I won't be searching any of your caches. If you are willing to irritate someone so easily I don't want to partake in any of your "fun"

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Rick Rolling will never stop being funny. :laughing:

Oh, some cache owners hang around their caches waiting for seekers. Yeah, it's kinda weird, but what can you do? Just roll with it.

;) After clicking on that awful link in your signature I won't be searching any of your caches. If you are willing to irritate someone so easily I don't want to partake in any of your "fun"

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Rick Rolling will never stop being funny. :laughing:

Oh, some cache owners hang around their caches waiting for seekers. Yeah, it's kinda weird, but what can you do? Just roll with it.

You can think Rick Rolling is funny but when you have to close out an important browser window because of someone's practical joke, then it stops being funny.

I can think of some other funny online practical jokes that aren't going to make you lose your browser.

After clicking on that awful link in your signature I won't be searching any of your caches. If you are willing to irritate someone so easily I don't want to partake in any of your "fun"

After reading this I clicked on the link myself, to see what it was. What it is, is an indicator of the type of person the OP is. If he lived in my area everything he did would go on ignore.

For anyone else tempted to find out what the challenge is, it takes you to the video "You've been Ricked". However, it also won't let you out of it until it is over, or you use Alt Ctrl Del.

For anyone else tempted to find out what the challenge is, it takes you to the video "You've been Ricked". However, it also won't let you out of it until it is over, or you use Alt Ctrl Del.

I just turned the sound down and leaned very hard on the Enter key, which auto-repeated fast enough to eventually kill just the window.

Still doesn't stop the overall impression that the person who linked to it needs a good LARTing.

Edited by sTeamTraen

Stalking is a serious word that is tossed around far too often these days. Several years ago I was accused of "stalking" a woman because I sat behind her in church two weeks in a row.

If I was on a night cache and discovered the owner keeping an eye on me? Well, if it was this one I would drop to my knees and beg him to tell me where the dratted thing is already. I'm not too proud.

Edited by atmospherium

Still doesn't stop the overall impression that the person who linked to it needs a good LARTing.

Ah, did that bring back memories. When I worked at HP a now very old, large disc drive had some wooden spacers in the packing crate. As can be expected of a meticulous engineering company these pieces of wood had a part number and were so stamped. The application of P/N 55.... was recommended more than once. And yes, the BOFH gave me more than one chuckle. To bad he changed his avatar, the original one was very fitting.

Jim

It's all your fault. I wasn't even looking at the sig line until you pointed it out, then I just had to go click on it.

Edit : I offer to pay for the duct tape.

Edited by Chrysalides

Rick Rolling is funny. When you get older though, things tend to be less funny.

So if he didn't irritate you, you would search for his caches [in California]?

To carry this farther off topic...

Your reasoning is illogical and flawed.

webscouter irrirated implies webscouter will not search for cache.

All you can infer is that:

if webscouter searched for cache, webscouter is not irritated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transposition_%28logic%29

:laughing:

Edited by Chrysalides
After clicking on that awful link in your signature I won't be searching any of your caches. If you are willing to irritate someone so easily I don't want to partake in any of your "fun"

After reading this I clicked on the link myself, to see what it was. What it is, is an indicator of the type of person the OP is. If he lived in my area everything he did would go on ignore.

It wasn't my idea. Not seeing these complaints on Knight2000's posts. (his sigline links to the same thing)

In the meanwhile, Chrysalides doesn't really live that far from here. Sure, you can pay for the duct tape! ;)

Rick Rolling is funny. When you get older though, things tend to be less funny.

With 141 finds in 26 counties in California and a life goal of a cache find in every US county I would say that it fell well within the realm of possibility.

I know funny, John Cleese is funny, Joe Dirt is funny,

is funny, hijacking my browser is not funny.
Dude, that is just plain annoying, and nothing to do with geocaching.

Why don't you "challenge" us by sharing a profound insight in our common hobby?

While I agree it's annoying and has nothing to do with geocaching, it's in his sig line, not the topic of a post he started (until the rest of us made it so). Heck, your sig line has nothing to do with geocaching for that matter.

That is malicious. It has nothing to do with geocaching, but did stop me from being able to review and publish more caches before having to go to work this morning as I had to close down that PC and switch to another one. Please remove that BS. It's not funny.

~erik~