Choose Your Own Adventure caching?

agent_ziploc

So I've had this choose your own adventure cache idea in the works for several weeks now. I finally amassed all the correct materials, found all my hides, figured all my coordinates, ran through it alone, placed everything and tested it on a couple of other cachers.

I'm curious to know what the rest of the community thinks of a choose your own adventure style cache with multiple endings (my 3 final caches are all complete finals, so they each have a log book and goodies to make sure those who only want 1 ending are all good).

The way it works, in case you're not familiar with the CYOA thing, is the cacher goes to the first set of coordinates and finds the first stage which has the scenario for them and then two choices for where they want to go next. (IE, You've found stage 1! What would you like to do next? Go right! (N 00 00.00, W 000 00.00) Go left! (N 00 00.00, W 000 00.00) ). And it goes on from there.

Just looking for some thoughts. The cachers I've tested it on liked it a lot but I want to make sure it's an idea that can go over well.

Love it. I loved CYOA books when I was a kid but I can see why someone would want to try all of the options. I dont know if a lot of cachers would take the time to do that for 1 find.

Me personally I would and then I would email you and let you know which one I enjoyed most.

I say do it and if anyone gritches about it they can go find more urban nano's to boost their numbers.

Geocaching to me is about the adventure and the find, you will give both with this cache, awesome idea

You could set three GC # at WP#1, each noted as a "Get info" point. Can't put a physical cache there with the Stage #2 coordinates but if it were a monument or plaque, you could have each multi use different bits of information or manipulate the same information with different techniques. Then, each one would point you to three different "trails". Thus, three smilies.

Not quite a "Choose your own adventure" but close.

Or, you could make the one GC like a miniature golf course - i.e. four different courses (trails) all leading to the same last hole #18 (final cache).

Edited by Cache O'Plenty

<snip>

Or, you could make the one GC like a miniature golf course - i.e. four different courses (trails) all leading to the same last hole #18 (final cache).

I like that you go to start and have the choice of four different waypoints to goto. One route would be real short, the fourth would be real long with two and three about the same distance to travel. Eeney Meeney Miney Mo. I would no doupt would pick the long way. ;)

Wow, glad so many people think it sounds interesting! I was really surprised I hadn't run across a CYOA style cache yet, it seemed so perfect for the general hunt-focused cachers like myself who would have fun trying to find the different endings.

I've been trying to get it submitted but it got rejected the first time for being confusing. Straightened things out and now still waiting, so if and when it gets approved, I can post the link to it. If you're in the Sacramento area, I'd be really excited to know what some seasoned cachers think of it!

I had thought about doing something similar, but with only 1 cache container at the end. You would have to do a lot of work for it, but at each waypoint cachers can choose which way to go. You can have one long search, or you could have one very short one. It would all depend on which way the cacher chose to go.

Wow, glad so many people think it sounds interesting! I was really surprised I hadn't run across a CYOA style cache yet, it seemed so perfect for the general hunt-focused cachers like myself who would have fun trying to find the different endings.

I've been trying to get it submitted but it got rejected the first time for being confusing. Straightened things out and now still waiting, so if and when it gets approved, I can post the link to it. If you're in the Sacramento area, I'd be really excited to know what some seasoned cachers think of it!

I'll be watching for it.