mouth and eye candy traveling mission

paganfrog

Moving caches are no longer allowed. And won't be approved.

My major issue is with the food in the cache. This is allowable as a travel bug, not a moving cache. BUT NO FOOD!

From what I have read, it is not really a cache at all. It won't be placed in the wild, just mailboxes. It will be a cache container, but will be mailed to persons on the list and never placed anywhere that it would attract animals (other than household pets :) )

AlliedOz did raise a good point, however. When mailing to another country, always check their import regulations and remove anything from the container that would violate them.

Also, please list the value of the contents quite low, regardless of what the actual contents cost. Some countries require the recipient to pay a fee to pick up their parcels based on the value marked on the shipping label.

Oh, and add me to the list please!! :laughing:

If I'm reading this correctly, the food is really a non-issue, as moving caches are no longer allowed. If we can't have a moving cache, then there is nothing to put food in. Right on!

I still like the idea of this being a multi-stage cache, without the predetermined stage points. This is not a moving cache , for there is a subtle distinction here. This is like a "choose-your-own-adventure" cache, really. It is still a physical cache, and as E&Cplus3 pointed out: no food in a cache in the REAL wild. Just the wilds of the post office...

I'm not trying to be argumentative here, just offering a suggestion for a way to ADD to the game and have a conversation. Isn't that what the forums are for?

So this bounces back to our OP as to what to do next. I think we have enough interested people to have a eye-candy-of-all-sorts mission, although some may not want to play if there is no cache to discover.

Like Maine Family, I thought tis had nothing to do with actual caches that are hidden out in the Wild with coordinates and a cache page and all that. Tis just something that all playing are MAILING to each other. And I know people have mailed food to each other before for missions, and no one ever said anything against those. :)

thanks for the last few posts of defence. i think i stated clearly enough early on in this thread that it is NOT a traveling cache NOR is it a travelbug to be left in a geocache.

yes like i have also stated i am modeling this on some other missions i have enjoyed reading or particpating in.

missions like the 52 card pick up or the sisterhood and the brotherhood of the traveling cache TRAVELBUG.

sorry to sound snarky but i have mentioned all this before. ive had a long 3 hour wait at the hospital waiting to see the dadgum consultant that i should have seen in just a short waiting time but instead had a long wait and ive got a headache and im so fed up today.

I'm sorry, but post #1 and post #10 both suggest this traveling travel bug container are to be left in caches, and I saw nothing about leaving it in a mailbox or mailing it. So, I'll just repeat: No food in caches, and please clarify this mission, and I will edit the first post to reflect the clarification. If this TB is going in caches, it will have to be without food in it.

Post #1:

well soon i shall be unable to do much in the way of outside cache entertainment. so i thought id try to get one of these "traveling caches" set up for myself instead.

it would have a logbook and a geocoin that remains inside the box. i would include candy and other travel friendly foodstuffs and a geocoin activated by me to be set traveling in a cache near to the next recipient and also a few gifts to be traded like ususual.

the candy and other gifts must be traded like usual.

please post here if any of you are interested in playing. i will keep a list of names that will be picked from randomly.

Post #10:

hiya its not a traveling cache, i know those arent allowed. if you do a search for the various missions on here you will find some that i am modelling this mission on. for example theres the sisterhood and the brotherhood of the traveling cache bug, or the witches coin chain mission.

basically its just a fun mission traveling inside a container with a logbog for participants to comment in and some geocoins to traveling or trade or gift and other trinkets included.

the container will be a travel bug that can be dropped and then removed from a geocache to add the milage of the travels.

Regarding the "traveling cache" part of this, calling it a Traveling Cache only confuses newcomers to the game, and makes them think Traveling Caches are still allowed, and they are not. Please just call it what it is, and that is a "Travel Bug", so a newcomer will know how to handle it when they find it.

So, is this a mission? Or a travel bug? Those are two different animals too. This needs clarification on multiple levels.

I've been reading tis MISSION as if it were something mailed to those playing, with an activated geocoin inside of it that can be dropped into a published cache near the recipients, and then picked up again to move along with the mail mission package to the next person playing. The "logbook" isn't anything like a real published cache's logbook, from my understanding, and "logging" or writing in tis logbook wouldn't count as a cache find on anyone's profile, since tis not going to be a published cache in any way, shape, or form. At least, that's how I've read the whole thread thus far. :)

hiya eartha. i apologise about my bad grammer. i was referring to any coins inside the box that have notes attached that suggected they are to be removed from the box to start a journey like normal in a cache, not the complete box.

the box will have tb tag or coin that lives in the box, and that will only be used to add milage to the box, with the intention that each recipient does a coin drop in their nearest caches and removes it again.

apart from that the box is just a container to hold the mission swappies and gifts.

it is a mission that simply holds a resident travelbug (is that bit allowed? if not i wont do that bit)

thanks for allowing me time to try to make it all clear.