mouth and eye candy traveling mission

paganfrog

well soon i shall be unable to do much in the way of outside cache entertainment. so i thought id try to get one of these "traveling caches" set up for myself instead.

it would have a logbook and a geocoin that remains inside the box. i would include candy and other travel friendly foodstuffs and a geocoin activated by me to be set traveling in a cache near to the next recipient and also a few gifts to be traded like ususual.

the candy and other gifts must be traded like usual.

please post here if any of you are interested in playing. i will keep a list of names that will be picked from randomly.

well soon i shall be unable to do much in the way of outside cache entertainment. so i thought id try to get one of these "traveling caches" set up for myself instead.

it would have a logbook and a geocoin that remains inside the box. i would include candy and other travel friendly foodstuffs and a geocoin activated by me to be set traveling in a cache near to the next recipient and also a few gifts to be traded like ususual.

please post here if any of you are interested in playing. i will keep a list of names that will be picked from randomly.

That's Cool.

So You would send to Me and I would send back to you. Then you send back out the the next etc...

If I'm correct, Sign me up!!!!!!!

Great Idea, You've got a great new Idea for folks who can't get out a cache that easy or at certain times of the year.

I'm so proud of you right now, OMG I relly have a couple of tears hear.

AWESOME Idea!!!!!!!

Opalsns

That's Cool.

So You would send to Me and I would send back to you. Then you send back out the the next etc...

If I'm correct, Sign me up!!!!!!!

Great Idea, You've got a great new Idea for folks who can't get out a cache that easy or at certain times of the year.

I'm so proud of you right now, OMG I relly have a couple of tears hear.

AWESOME Idea!!!!!!!

Opalsns

no for example i send to you, then you pick someone else from the list to send it to. eventually hopefully my cache comes home to me.

i wanted to do this primarily to occupy myself while im a baby slave and wont have the energy or time to go out caching. i will at least be able to watch and participate online here.

the list so far

opalsns

nefesh

merchlinskys

fuzziebear3

im just kidding about being a baby slave, ill love it really, i just wont be able to get out and about much for the first few months and the caches up here arent very young child friendly. so this mission is the next best thing for me so i thank you guys for showing interest.

now i just need to get out and buy some supplies and mail the box out before the baby bursts into this world.

the list so far

opalsns

nefesh

merchlinskys

fuzziebear3

im just kidding about being a baby slave, ill love it really, i just wont be able to get out and about much for the first few months and the caches up here arent very young child friendly. so this mission is the next best thing for me so i thank you guys for showing interest.

now i just need to get out and buy some supplies and mail the box out before the baby bursts into this world.

When are you due ?

I'd love to help out as well... the only issue I can foresee is that as far as I know, GC.COM doesn't allow any new traveling caches... I'm suggesting getting a moderator that may know involved

hiya its not a traveling cache, i know those arent allowed. if you do a search for the various missions on here you will find some that i am modelling this mission on. for example theres the sisterhood and the brotherhood of the traveling cache bug, or the witches coin chain mission.

basically its just a fun mission traveling inside a container with a logbog for participants to comment in and some geocoins to traveling or trade or gift and other trinkets included.

the container will be a travel bug that can be dropped and then removed from a geocache to add the milage of the travels.

list of members playing

to be picked in any order you wish, just let me know so i can update each time.

opalsns

nefesh

merchlinskys

fuzziebear3

teameccs21

ellipirelli

syott

kini_ont

droo

chickahominy

maine family

teamhaynes

write shop robert

mich5483

hiya write shop robert, ive added you because the list isnt meant to be done in that exact order, each time someone recieves the box, they get to choose whos next randomly.

Edited by paganfrog

list of members playing

opalsns

nefesh

merchlinskys

fuzziebear3

teameccs21

ellipirelli

syott

kini_ont

droo

chickahominy

maine family

teamhaynes

write shop robert

mich5483

hiya write shop robert, ive added you because the list isnt meant to be done in that exact order, each time someone recieves the box, they get to choose whos next randomly.

Will you be managing address exchanges, or will it be done through the online list..I'm in there either way.

list of members playing

opalsns

nefesh

merchlinskys

fuzziebear3

teameccs21

ellipirelli

syott

kini_ont

droo

chickahominy

maine family

teamhaynes

write shop robert

mich5483

Will you be managing address exchanges, or will it be done through the online list..I'm in there either way.

the addresses are to be dealt with between sender and recipient, or to be got from the address list.

please send me the next recipient in a private message so that i can keep tabs on things

when you recieve the box please post to this thread, so that i can again keep tabs on things and remove you from the waiting list.

the edibles are to be part of the tradables, if you take a foodstuff please replace with a foodstuff of similar size/value. the same goes for the regular tradables and coins.

I like the random list idea, being in Australia it would be good for someone who does not mind posting OS to be able to select me off the list. But some food stuff might not be acceptable like honey and I'm sure other countless stuff.

I'm in, but I can understand if I end up being tossed into the "Too hard basket" ;)

how do you feel about being first alliedoz? i need to get some styuff together so please advise me on whats allowed in to you ok?

list of members playing

opalsns

nefesh

merchlinskys

fuzziebear3

teameccs21

ellipirelli

syott

kini_ont

droo

chickahominy

maine family

teamhaynes

write shop robert

mich5483

smgsmg

alliedoz

Edited by paganfrog

I may be being dense, but the eye candy refers to geocoins, right? So there is one that is activated and stays with the mission, and then people choose candy and a coin to send along with the activated coin to the next recipient?

I ask because I'd love to be involved if it means getting to find coins for people, but my hips are hinting that maybe I shouldn't join if it's just for candy. ;)

list of members playing

opalsns

nefesh

merchlinskys

fuzziebear3

teameccs21

ellipirelli

syott

kini_ont

droo

chickahominy

maine family

teamhaynes

write shop robert

mich5483

smgsmg

alliedoz

fscout

die_anita

gillianms

I may be being dense, but the eye candy refers to geocoins, right? So there is one that is activated and stays with the mission, and then people choose candy and a coin to send along with the activated coin to the next recipient?

the mission is for both, foodstuffs and for coins, and other little gifts. and i was intending it to be a take something out and replace, mission. but how it happens is how it happens as long as it plays by the fairness rules.

I like the random list idea, being in Australia it would be good for someone who does not mind posting OS to be able to select me off the list. But some food stuff might not be acceptable like honey and I'm sure other countless stuff.

I'm in, but I can understand if I end up being tossed into the "Too hard basket" :laughing:

Maybe we could also do an Aussie one? ;)

list of members playing

opalsns

nefesh

merchlinskys

fuzziebear3

teameccs21

ellipirelli

syott

kini_ont

droo

chickahominy

maine family

teamhaynes

write shop robert

mich5483

the addresses are to be dealt with between sender and recipient, or to be got from the address list.

please send me the next recipient in a private message so that i can keep tabs on things

when you recieve the box please post to this thread, so that i can again keep tabs on things and remove you from the waiting list.

the edibles are to be part of the tradables, if you take a foodstuff please replace with a foodstuff of similar size/value. the same goes for the regular tradables and coins.

so your idea is to select the first participant and mail the Mission to them? They need to acquire an address from who they will send it to? That means it will not be a surprise unless everyone is on the forum address list. Also you might designate how many required coin(s) and if it has to be trackable.

so your idea is to select the first participant and mail the Mission to them? They need to acquire an address from who they will send it to? That means it will not be a surprise unless everyone is on the forum address list. Also you might designate how many required coin(s) and if it has to be trackable.

no it wasnt intended to be surprise sendings, only that i didnt want the mailing list to be so predictable. the idea is the current holder of the mission box just randomly picks the next recipient from the list and must ask them if they are ready to be next (id hate for someone to receive it when they are not ready for it).

list of members playing

opalsns

nefesh

merchlinskys

fuzziebear3

teameccs21

ellipirelli

syott

kini_ont

droo

chickahominy

maine family

teamhaynes

write shop robert

mich5483

smgsmg

alliedoz

fscout

die_anita

gillianms

cutt4

cheesypigs

pennyandkona

Edited by paganfrog

list of members playing

opalsns

nefesh

merchlinskys

fuzziebear3

teameccs21

ellipirelli

syott

kini_ont

droo

chickahominy

maine family

teamhaynes

write shop robert

mich5483

smgsmg

alliedoz

fscout

die_anita

gillianms

cutt4

cheesypigs

pennyandkona

howlingmoon

anne.and.eli

grodan & fiabus

sunsetmeadowlark

list of members playing

opalsns

nefesh

merchlinskys

fuzziebear3

teameccs21

ellipirelli

syott

kini_ont

droo

chickahominy

maine family

teamhaynes

write shop robert

mich5483

smgsmg

alliedoz

fscout

die_anita

gillianms

cutt4

cheesypigs

pennyandkona

howlingmoon

anne.and.eli

grodan & fiabus

sunsetmeadowlark

usyoopers

ok i didnt think id get such a good turn out for this mission. im closing the list for a while and will reopen it to newcomers when the box has seen a few people first.

thanks for such a good turn out. im out today to buy some stuff for it, then will mail it in the next few days.

WHOA! Stop right there!!! Are you really asking people to place food items in something that is going to be left in a cache!? No No No No No, a thousand times no. No food in caches. None. Not a bite, not a crumb. You are asking people to bait a cache so an animal will come along and chew the cache to bits.

Please tell me this is not what you are doing. If this is what you are planning, I have to put my foot down and say this can't be allowed. No food in caches. That's one of the oldest rules of thumb around here. Take out any mention of anything to do with food, and this is fine.

I cannot believe this thread lasted this long with nobody mentioning this fact. No food, no smelly items, no scented candles, even should be placed in caches. Please change this mission. You cannot do this to innocent cache owners. No food, no food, no food.

I'm leaving this thread open so you can have the chance to ask me to edit it, and if this has already been sent out (it's a travel bug, not a traveling cache, the other mission person refused to listen to me, and called it a cache anyway, it is a travel bug, not a cache, OK, let's get that straight too) then whoever is holding it should remove all food items, and possibly change out the container, since it will already smell enough like food to attract a wild animal.

NO FOOD IN CACHES!

OK, I'll go first and probably say what many were thinking: I didn't know there was a problem with a travelling cache. It does make sense that this is more of a travelling coin with luggage and a cache-house, so I see where Eartha is going and respect it.

But, here's a thought: Why couldn't this be some kind of "evolving" multi-stage cache? So, the OWNER of the cache may send it off to the first recipient as the first stage, and then new stages/ are added as other cachers send it off to each other with the usual stuff (logbook, TBs, coins, "goodies") inside. Then, at some point when the owner wishes, he/she can call it back to the final coordinates, which would probably be his/her mailbox.

It might grow into the largest multi-cache area, both in terms of stages AND overall mileage!

Just a thought...