Garmin Blue Chart and topo maps together

Forkeye

Can anyone help me with this one,just installed blue chart on my 76csx ,I also have topo Canada,topo USA and US National Parks west on it.But you cannot veiw Blue Chartt and the topos at the same time.With Blue chart on you cant see the maps,turn off Blue chart and now you can see the maps.Is this normal or is their a way to veiw them together ?

What you are seeing is normal. All Garmin maps have a display hierarchy, only 1 map can be viewed at a time. Inorder to view maps lower in the pecking order the maps higher in the pecking order first must be disabled in the Map Setup Menu (will want it to say "Display"... what ever map you are wanting to hide). The wording is as if it is asking you the question.

There are a lot of old theards discussing the dispaly hierarchy order. Street maps are always at the top. Generally, the more detailed the map the higher in the display hierarchy.

When you see someone talking about displaying multiple maps they are referring to one of the maps being a custom made map and was made to be transparent with other maps inorder for both to display, but this only applies to custom made maps that are Garmin compatible.

What you are seeing is normal. All Garmin maps have a display hierarchy, only 1 map can be viewed at a time. Inorder to view maps lower in the pecking order the maps higher in the pecking order first must be disabled in the Map Setup Menu (will want it to say "Display"... what ever map you are wanting to hide). The wording is as if it is asking you the question.

There are a lot of old theards discussing the dispaly hierarchy order. Street maps are always at the top. Generally, the more detailed the map the higher in the display hierarchy.

When you see someone talking about displaying multiple maps they are referring to one of the maps being a custom made map and was made to be transparent with other maps inorder for both to display, but this only applies to custom made maps that are Garmin compatible.

This is probably one of my bigger gripes about Garmin units.