[Suggestion] Ability to search for friend's DNFs

TheDobbins

I had a quick search but couldn't see this:

I would love to be able to search for friends' DNFs. I know we can search for caches that they have found - but it would be good to see those they haven't so we can organise group days out to include these too.

Sure there would be other benefits, but this is just one!

Any thoughts?

I'm not sure if I would actually look at my friend's DNFs (and of course laugh out loud), but the ability to do so would certainly be an enhancement to the now less than useful friends list.

Of course there would need to be a menu of features we are not willing to share via our friends lists, but I am proud of my DNFs at least.

No.

This would be a waste of resources. Why?

1. Not everyone logs DNFs, and more importantly...

2. What's the difference between a DNF and any other 'not found'? The person you are going with will obviously know if they have looked for a cache or have and had a DNF. Why do you need something on the website? Just talk it over.

No.

This would be a waste of resources. Why?

1. Not everyone logs DNFs, and more importantly...

2. What's the difference between a DNF and any other 'not found'? The person you are going with will obviously know if they have looked for a cache or have and had a DNF. Why do you need something on the website? Just talk it over.

Allanon - you certainly come across fairly brusque! "No" -- to what particular question!?!

Absolutely entitled to your own opinion - but I don't feel that because some people don't record DNFs in the same way others record DNFs that this shouldn't be a feature. In the same way that it doesn't do anything for you, doesn't mean it would be a "waste of resources" if other people have already expressed an interest in such a feature and thus would gain benefit.

As for #2 - I gave one example, there would be others. In my example, I could see their DNFs and suggest a meet up. In your example we would have to discuss all DNFs. If they were a high-numbers cacher then your solution wouldn't fit my problem.

In any circumstance - my request/suggestion is ultra-low priority - but would have value.

In brief, your suggestion was "I would love to be able to search for friends' DNFs", that is what I was saying 'no' to. I then backed that up with additional comments about why I didn't think what you were suggesting would work.

Understood - but your point doesn't prove it would be a waste of resources, it purely shows me that it's not an option you would use - which is fine. It's good to hear other points of view though.

Like I say, it's a low priority request, but a valid one nonetheless.

Like I say, it's a low priority request, but a valid one nonetheless.

I think this has great potential if it is assiciated with the underused "Friends" function. Other than that, I think that if I don't want everybody knowing how good (smileys) or bad (frownies) I am doing then I should have the option to let them know how I am doing.

Make it optional and/or associated it with the friends function.

MYater

I think this has great potential if it is assiciated with the underused "Friends" function. Other than that, I think that if I don't want everybody knowing how good (smileys) or bad (frownies) I am doing then I should have the option to let them know how I am doing.

Make it optional and/or associated it with the friends function.

MYater

Hi MYater. Have to say, I completely agree. My intention would be that this would be used in conjunction with friends function only.

I personally wouldn't mind people seeing my DNFs as I don't think this leads to valid judgement, however, I can fully see why people wouldn't want their own DNFs showing up if this is a worry to them.