Lake Katrine Monster

MtnMutt-ProDuckShins

:P Good Morning Monster Watchers..

Since September of 2006 this Cache has been a THORN in my side. The last visitors went to stand at the Shore and stare at the distance Treasure.

The Motor Yacht was in sad shape and a new vehicle would be required to make the Trip.

Well, today it is off to Wally World to view their last remaining Yachts..

If by chance I can make a good deal on one of these pleasure craft, this Cache will be mine. The only concern I have is we have had a long dry spell and very little moisture could the Poor Monster be stuck in the shallows?

B) Wish me luck

Nah.... Too much money!

Well, Wally and Fred were out of Luxury Liners, so next stop was the Legend among Travelers.

Yep, you guess it. Uncle Les Schwab, he had the prefect Vehicle for the price.

:P This new Beastie Killer was 20 bucks, and can be pumped on site. Yes, it's a brand new Truck Inner Tube.

This Luxury Liner will float me to my destination in Style.

Now will I get that weather break for some warmth or do I brave the cool rain?

Nah.... Too much money!

Well, Wally and Fred were out of Luxury Liners, so next stop was the Legend among Travelers.

:P This new Beastie Killer was 20 bucks, and can be pumped on site. Yes, it's a brand new Truck Inner Tube.

I like your style! B)

Nah.... Too much money!

I like your style! B)

Me too! :D Wish I could come with.

Yeah, I was gonna say the same thing, just hit up a wetsuit. And yes, $240 is a bit too much for me right now, though this winter when everyone is trying to buy barbies for their 7 kids and selling anything they're not using, I'm gonna find me a screaming deal on a kayak or canoe for summer of 2010 and hit up all these paddle caches I'm missing out on

I like your concept for this winter. Perhaps you can keep us up to date on the deals you find and make recommendations. This is a serious post. I would like to find one or two inexpensive kayaks but the desire simply isn't great enough for me to spend any time researching and looking. So if you want to do the work I would be happy to share in the knowledge. :P

Since the pathway into Lake is overgrown, Canoes and Kayaks would be a bit of problem getting in.

I have an old Metal Canoe I was going to Portage there but reviews by others, state it would be too much work.

:anibad: OK.. The weather has turned against me. As we all know Safety First, to Cache another day..

So, I shall wait for some nice weather then proceed with the Launch of the SS Minnow.

Since I'm waiting for that nice Saturday for this pleasure cruise. :laughing: Is there any others who would like to sign on as Crew?

I heard from an old Logger Dude that this was a Great Lake for Fishing. Hmmm, Logger and Fishing, interesting.

Since the pathway into Lake is overgrown, Canoes and Kayaks would be a bit of problem getting in.

I have an old Metal Canoe I was going to Portage there but reviews by others, state it would be too much work.

:anibad: OK.. The weather has turned against me. As we all know Safety First, to Cache another day..

So, I shall wait for some nice weather then proceed with the Launch of the SS Minnow.

Since I'm waiting for that nice Saturday for this pleasure cruise. :laughing: Is there any others who would like to sign on as Crew?

I heard from an old Logger Dude that this was a Great Lake for Fishing. Hmmm, Logger and Fishing, interesting.

Next week end would be good for me after that I'm up for the rest of the month.

:laughing: Well, with the weather looking to be in the high 70's, we may just have to go for it Saturday.

How big of a crew can you handle? I'm thinking Cache Ahead and I might be interested. We have hardshell kayaks, which wouldn't work for this, so we've been wistfully eyeing it for a while, and sounds like you have a solution. :)

Look up LOCH Katrine Monster.

Or ya could provide a linkie: Loch Katrine Monster (GCYJ2X). :D

Yeah, but how does anyone learn if you do all the work for them? :( It took me a couple of searches when this thread first started to find the cache listing: "Lake Katrine Monster" - nada; "Lake Katrine" - zip; "Katrine Monster" - BINGO! Teach them to fish.* :lol:

*Then, they can spend all day sitting in a boat drinking beer. :) Which is a "bad" thing, it cuts into the caching time...

A most excellent hike we had today. Okay the hike was all road walking but the loch was perfect. MtnMutt paddled his "flotation device" over to the island and the cache while I wandered around TRYING to catch some fish. I hooked several but never got to actually touch one, not necessarily a bad thing, they were all pretty small but I still had a good time. I eventually got brave enough to actually do a little bit of swimming too. There is no trace of the old boat that was there the last time I was there, but there were 3 rubber rafts stashed in the bushes one that looked like it might still be viable had we brought the right type of pump.

dfef312b-53d4-485c-a42c-e5799176a903.jpg

Ok... for those who have questioned the idea should I go and do this

Lake Katrine Monster Cache or just let it drop for the grid.

After doing the hike into this lake this weekend and reviewing the Road

and Trail.

The simply answer is ..NO. You want to do this one.

You could easily Portage a Canoe or Kayak to the Lake. A very nice

maintained Road, once you make the last major turn toward the Lake the

roadway turns into a well worn Trail. Still a Team of individuals could

keep the Portage going. Once at the Rock Fall you may have some juggling

to maneuver through the rocks or just move them out of the way to make

you path easy. No Problem.

At the junction to drop to the lake, which is about the last 100 feet

you could carry or slide the Canoe or Kayak. Getting the Canoe or Kayak

to the water is easily done, no problems there.

Now with this all said and done, the location of this New Cache is a

great spot to stop and take a breather before your last major push to

the lake. Enjoy the clear, clean Waterfall and know at this point your

GPSR puts you at .47 Miles away from the Lake. This Fall is fed by the

Lake Katrine outlet just UP stream.

Enjoy this DECON Container Cache......

Check out the Trip photo at Lake Katrine Monster. :laughing: