"Find Me"

BruceTP

During July I hosted a visiting geocacher (hgl) from Australia. At one of the caches we visited he place a “Found Me” trackable card. I asked him about it and he said that he had picked it up in an Australian cache and being the first to find he will get a free DVD copy of the film “Found Me”. The card then goes into circulation and whoever logs it as a find or moves it along to another cache then gets entered into the monthly draw for a free DVD.

I duly logged a discovery of the card on the http://www.findmethemovie.com site and thought nothing further about it.

To my surprise, I was contacted this week by Customer Support to confirm my postal details as I was the July winner of the DVD! So I shall now wait and see whether the DVD can navigate its way through the turbulent waters of our current postal strike without getting stolen or lost in the process. Watch this space… I shall update it when it finally arrives. I am keen to watch the film as I did not know that there was a movie about geocaching out there.

Who knows, it may be something worthwhile to show at a future event! Something different.

BruceTP

Wow Bruce - that sounds awesome! Congrats - we hope you do eventually receive the movie. We think it is a great idea to show something like that at an Event...we'll keep that in mind!

It sounds like a great idea. What is the name of the trackable? I would love to see where it is sitting at the moment? :P

Well, I am humbled. My pessimism of the SA Post Office proved unfounded The DVD arrived today in perfect condition and was also delivered to my residential address. I did not even have to go to the post office to collect it There is hope for SA and the postal services yet.

When the cricket tonight proved dismal, I decided to watch the DVD instead. It was good to watch something good and also suitable for the whole family. It reminded me a bit of GerhardoosMPsa's experiencing last week. The basic story is that a couple of young / teenage geocachers go on a cacaching spree but at one location find the wrong cache in the same location and get drawn into a whole kidnapping saga to boot. It all works out well in the end because they manage to lead to police to where the kidnappers were holding their victim.

If anyone wants to borrow it to watch, just give me a shout and I am sure we can make an arrangement accordingly.

Thanks again to Trost Moving Pictures for selecting me as the July winner and sending the DVD.

Well, I am humbled. My pessimism of the SA Post Office proved unfounded The DVD arrived today in perfect condition and was also delivered to my residential address. I did not even have to go to the post office to collect it There is hope for SA and the postal services yet.

When I ordered coins from overseas it was at the time that Amazon said they would no longer just mail items to South Africa, but only courier it. This was quite a concern at the time, as I had over a R1000.00 of coins on order, and was convinced they would go missing.

Doing some research I then found out, that the Post Office has something like 80% no issue delivery rate and if there were issues they could be resolved, and then it becomes something like 98% delivery rate.

The Post Office might be slow at times, but I do think they do deliver most of the time.