Cosmolabe Geocoin

Jackalgirl

Good evening, everyone --

Those of you who aren't on the C&P mailing list but who are interested in navigational instrument-type geocoins might be interested in Coins&Pins' Cosmolabe Geocoin.

I'd post a picture of it, because it looks pretty sweet, but I don't know if Aaron would appreciate me hotlinking. So check out the above link to look at it.

Apparently, it's a fantasy astrolabe intended as a prop for a movie called Worldwalker. C&P reports that the movie in pre-production; I haven't been able to find anything on it yet, but am keeping an eye out. The story hinges on the ability to travel (using the cosmolabe) between alternate realities. Given the steampunkish look of the coin, this looks like a winner on a bunch of fronts to me (alternate realities, steampunk, possible Lovecraftian horror? [<-- wishful thinking, perhaps, on my part] and cool-looking navigational props -- score!).

In other threads, I've talked about usual geocoin prices and how geocoins with lots of extra (moving) parts, odd shapes or sizes, cutouts, etc will cost more than usual. This coin is a perfect example of this: it's almost 3 1/2" in diameter, has all kinds (okay, well, four) of moving, cutout parts, and is $19.99 each unless you buy the set of three (which includes the polished gold LE, only available in the set during this particular pre-sale) at $56.98. It also has enough detail to really satisfy all those who love coins covered in intricate detail (ding!).

Anyway, if you're interested in esoteric stuff like that, take a look. The pre-sale ends, as best as I can tell, tomorrow (or Saturday, for those of you for whom it's still Thursday). Don't miss it and be sorry.

Thanks for the heads up. That's a very nice looking coin. Unfortunately I've pretty much overspent on other neat toys this month so I'll have to try and convince myself that it's ok to just appreciate it in a picture. Congrats to those that do get it. :P

I am out of coin money for a while and contacted Coins and Pins about this coin. They are carrying this as a Stock Item like the other navigational coins (with the exception of the compass roses of course)