I have A Garmin gps and was wondering about paperless caching

tgray96

can you explain a little more?

One article.

another article.

Basically the etrex does not have the ability to hold the information on the cache page, therefore you need another unit to hold the information. A palm can be bought for $25 on ebay and the Cachemate software is $10. The Spinner/Pucker route is free, but you will need to keep notes on memos in the palm.

Jim

i Own a blackberry pearl is cache berry the same as cacemate?

One article.

another article.

Basically the etrex does not have the ability to hold the information on the cache page, therefore you need another unit to hold the information. A palm can be bought for $25 on ebay and the Cachemate software is $10. The Spinner/Pucker route is free, but you will need to keep notes on memos in the palm.

Jim

I'm don't know much about cacheberry, but from comments on the forum it seems that it is like cachemate.

Jim

i have the original garmin trex and have ordered the data cable and usb to serial adapter and was wondering if i could go paperless? :P

I use a basic Garmin Legend H for gc. For paperless caching, I use an Ipod Nano and use the GSAK software to download the cache information into the Ipod. The nano keeps all the text information and the last five logs for each cache. Very small and easily readable plus has great battery life. The only drawback is that the cache information does not include any maps. But it works and I had the nano available anyways.

i have the original garmin trex and have ordered the data cable and usb to serial adapter and was wondering if i could go paperless? :P

Yes, by using a PDA. The etrex is not a paperless unit.

Jim

One article.

another article.

Jim

One article.

another article.

Jim

One article.

another article.

Jim

I'm don't know much about cacheberry, but from comments on the forum it seems that it is like cachemate.

Jim

i have the original garmin trex and have ordered the data cable and usb to serial adapter and was wondering if i could go paperless? B)

I use a basic Garmin Legend H for gc. For paperless caching, I use an Ipod Nano and use the GSAK software to download the cache information into the Ipod. The nano keeps all the text information and the last five logs for each cache. Very small and easily readable plus has great battery life. The only drawback is that the cache information does not include any maps. But it works and I had the nano available anyways.

You can use the BB & Cacheberry to go paperless. I use mine for that. I have yet to try finding a cache using the BB as the GPS but I know people do use a BB as an all-in-one solution.

Thanks everybody i thinki might try to get a plam it looks a little more user friendly i found one on ebay for about 20 dollars that includes the palm a dock and a cfolding keyboard