Why are we not notified for out logs being deleted anymore?

JacobBarlow

I'm sorry for the delay in responding. I did not mean to keep you waiting.

We're aware of this issue and consider it a bug. I'm not sure when or why this change was implemented but we have been making a lot of changes to the way we handle emails recently. I will make sure this is hotfixed if possible, or included in the next release.

Thank you for acknowledging this.

As I said here this was 'broken' before Release 7/28/09, which according to my test fixed the issue. Exactly when it was broken again after that I don't know.

Symptoms:

Cache/Traveller owner gets a server error after deleting a log and the log owner doesn't get any notification, but the log IS deleted, or shoud I say archived.

Edited by lq

We're aware of this issue and consider it a bug. I'm not sure when or why this change was implemented but we have been making a lot of changes to the way we handle emails recently. I will make sure this is hotfixed if possible, or included in the next release.

Thank you for acknowledging this.

As I said here this was 'broken' before Release 7/28/09, which according to my test fixed the issue. Exactly when it was broken again after that I don't know.

Symptoms:

Cache/Traveller owner gets a server error after deleting a log and the log owner doesn't get any notification, but the log IS deleted, or shoud I say archived.

Thank you for this additional info. I have added it to the case.

I am one of the 200 that miss this feature. I am curious why the TPTB have not had any input to this thread.

It worries me that the TPTB remain silent. It also feels a little disrespectful to not at least acknowledge that they have read this thread. If the TPTB haven't read the thread, then I'm even more worried about the management of the geocaching.com site.

I didn't want to add to the pile-on of "why haven't we heard?", so let me be one of the first to add to the pile-on of "thanks!"

I am one of the 200 that miss this feature. I am curious why the TPTB have not had any input to this thread.

It worries me that the TPTB remain silent. It also feels a little disrespectful to not at least acknowledge that they have read this thread. If the TPTB haven't read the thread, then I'm even more worried about the management of the geocaching.com site.

Oh, I have no doubt that TPTB know all about this issue. Mainly because I fired an e-mail to them last night about this very thing.

Now, as to why they aren't posting an answer in this forum, I can't begin to guess. Maybe they all went to the Puyallup Fair.

Did you get a response? My big concern is they implemented this change intentionally.

Yes I did, from Jessica. She, like OpinoNate here, told me that they were aware of it, and the requests to get it back, and that they were working on it.

Thanks Nate!

It's nice to know that this is a bug, and you have plans to fix it!

We can all now rest easy knowing that it WILL be fixed.

Oh, I have no doubt that TPTB know all about this issue. Mainly because I fired an e-mail to them last night about this very thing.

Now, as to why they aren't posting an answer in this forum, I can't begin to guess. Maybe they all went to the Puyallup Fair.

Did you get a response? My big concern is they implemented this change intentionally.

Yes I did, from Jessica. She, like OpinoNate here, told me that they were aware of it, and the requests to get it back, and that they were working on it.

And a big congrats to jessiep who reinstated dozens of bogus log deletions.

I see the log deletion emails are back up. My concern is when you get one you don't have any idea what log they are deleting. It only tells you which cache it came from. Don't know if it is a find, DNF, Note etc. And what the log had said or the date I logged it. After finding so many finds I can't remember every log I wrote. It would be nice to know what it said so maybe you would know why or if it was even important like Bug drop log.

I just had one emailed to me yesterday. I first was upset and confused. I had no idea what it was or what it had said. So I tried to track the find date for the cache through GSAK. Turns out I didn't even find it. So it must have been a note/maintenance/archive request.

If it were a find I would also want to ask the owner why, but it would be nice to know how to respond to the deletion first.

Edited by jellis50

I see the log deletion emails are back up. My concern is when you get one you don't have any idea what log they are deleting. It only tells you which cache it came from. Don't know if it is a find, DNF, Note etc. And what the log had said or the date I logged it. After finding so many finds I can't remember every log I wrote. It would be nice to know what it said so maybe you would know why or if it was even important like Bug drop log.

I just had one emailed to me yesterday. I first was upset and confused. I had no idea what it was or what it had said. So I tried to track the find date for the cache through GSAK. Turns out I didn't even find it. So it must have been a note/maintenance/archive request.

If it were a find I would also want to ask the owner why, but it would be nice to know how to respond to the deletion first.

So can this be fixed?

So can this be fixed?

It already has been addressed.

When/if you receive notification of a deleted log, the notification includes a link to your log...your log that has not actually been deleted, but has been set 'not to be displayed' on the cache page, nor to count in you finds total.