allory

as of September 1, 2009

Changes made from version 3.10 to 3.20:

* Added LKS92 map datum

* Added support for GPS firmware 3.70

* Added support for GPI routes

* Improved compass responsiveness

* Fixed potential shutdown related to drawing 32-bit map points

* Fixed potential issues during power on.

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=4051

Edited by allory

First release for a while that might help me i.e. compass shame still no EGNOS fix, rarely have one and it has lasted a max of 15 min not even able to get one on a cliff top on the sout coast with fields behind me, but accrucy is still sometimes spot on and normaly fairly close with v3.10 a far cry from the time when it would often be 200- 300 ft off.

Is this a good release cause I want to try it - hope so compass has been driving me mad.

Edited by Wintonian

This release looks the same as 3.15 to me with the exception of some minor cosmetic changes to the compass page and the rotation is a little smoother like the x50 and Dakota. Track logs and accuracy are similar to 3.15 (which is good!)

first tests let me guess that the 4000+ caches location error is addressed.

frohes jagen.

hans

edit: oops, i mistake 3.2 (300) with 2.3 (550). sorry for any irritation.

Edited by HHL

Had my first ever crash after loading but eventually I got it working. I do believe that the touch screen is less sensitive than 3.15b. I did a screen recalibrate and the touch sensitivity was all normal so it is not hardware. I just seem to need to push harder to activate buttons - the map scrolling is ok...anyone else notice this?

Download it to the GPS or my computer?

Place Garmin's WebUpdater on your computer, connect your 400t to your computer as a mass storage device, run the WebUpdater and it will download software Ver 3.20 and install it on your 400t. Safely remove (eject) your 400t from your computer, turn the 400t back on and it will validate and run Ver. 3.20. That's it!

Bill

I'm doing something wrong, can you explain it in a little more detail for someone who is not a whiz with computers? Also, will this update work on an Oregon 200?

Go to garmin.com and download a piece of software called webupdater. Install it on your PC. Now connect your Garmin as usual then run webupdater. It will find your unit and download then install the latest software for it. When finished, disconnect unit and turn it on...software update will be installed.

Tried walking with Oregon 300 (FW 3.20) and 60csx under dense tree cover about 5km (WAAS off). 60csx track seems as usualy accurate and maximum difference between tracks in one place reaches 40m. Seems that pointer of Oregon 300 is lagging from the pointer 60csx most of the time and freezes staying away when stopping. It's only my own observations and I need more exhaustive analysis between two devices at low speed under dense tree cover.

Edited by or-tracker

I'm doing something wrong, can you explain it in a little more detail for someone who is not a whiz with computers? Also, will this update work on an Oregon 200?

Go to garmin.com and download a piece of software called webupdater. Install it on your PC. Now connect your Garmin as usual then run webupdater. It will find your unit and download then install the latest software for it. When finished, disconnect unit and turn it on...software update will be installed.

you can also download an application called MyGarmin Agent

it is an improved version of the updater it salso checks |MAPS as well as firmware / software

it is here http://www8.garmin.com/products/agent/