Minnesotan Cachers Look Out

Bubbles&Bonkers

Hello my fellow Minnesotans,

My huband, Gothicstorm, and I are leaving the alligator-infestations, sun-drenched beaches, and killer humidity of Flori-Duh :) in favor of the fresh, balmy winters of the great state of Minnesota. :) We see that your fair state is covered in trees, parks, and of course 10,000 lakes so we figure there ought to be one or two good hiding spots for us to poke around in while looking for these more northerly caches. :rolleyes: Having begun our caching career last winter, we were looking forward to FL's winter as it is much better caching weather than summer. And ... well ... now I think we'll have to buy snowshoes and small shovels. Am I right? :ph34r: Actually I'm not so sure about that whole winter caching thang ya'll have going on up there. Maybe someone would be willing to break us in and don't forget to bring a huge thermos of something hot! We'll have the GeoBeagle in tow, but so far she hasn't proven to be much of a cache sniffer-outter. But she sure is cute and sweet so we put up with her lack of caching ineptitude. :) She also doesn't like to be cold. Uh-oh, sorry GeoBeagle.

We leave in a couple weeks on our trek to the Great White (Almost) North and will be living in a suburb of Minneapolis (we haven't found a place yet!).

So we look forward to meeting some of you out there at the caches and at some events!

Your new pal,

Sweetpea3

Hello my fellow Minnesotans,

My huband, Gothicstorm, and I are leaving the alligator-infestations, sun-drenched beaches, and killer humidity of Flori-Duh :) in favor of the fresh, balmy winters of the great state of Minnesota. :) We see that your fair state is covered in trees, parks, and of course 10,000 lakes so we figure there ought to be one or two good hiding spots for us to poke around in while looking for these more northerly caches. :rolleyes: Having begun our caching career last winter, we were looking forward to FL's winter as it is much better caching weather than summer. And ... well ... now I think we'll have to buy snowshoes and small shovels. Am I right? :ph34r: Actually I'm not so sure about that whole winter caching thang ya'll have going on up there. Maybe someone would be willing to break us in and don't forget to bring a huge thermos of something hot! We'll have the GeoBeagle in tow, but so far she hasn't proven to be much of a cache sniffer-outter. But she sure is cute and sweet so we put up with her lack of caching ineptitude. :) She also doesn't like to be cold. Uh-oh, sorry GeoBeagle.

We leave in a couple weeks on our trek to the Great White (Almost) North and will be living in a suburb of Minneapolis (we haven't found a place yet!).

So we look forward to meeting some of you out there at the caches and at some events!

Your new pal,

Sweetpea3

We'll be looking forward to meeting you, SweetPea!

The primary local geocaching organization, by the way, is MNGCA

Uh-oh, apparently there's going to be some snow measuring in the upper midwest! I'm purty sure it snows in the Mpls area, too! Everyone keeps telling us to buy lots of alchohol to stay warm! Thanks for the info on the Minnesota caching site, I'll have to check it out. Seems there are more events in the area than SE FL so I'm looking forward to that! 15,000 lakes? Can't wait to hit them all! Ha!