St. Augustine, Fla

Tir19 & GreenTerra

Planning a visit OCT. 10. Weekend booked with dinners and wedding at Fountain of Youth in St. Augustine, Fla. Trying to fly in a day or two early for sightseeing and caching. I see a few caches in town, Any suggestions? Will have rental, but don't want to travel far.

Thanks. Lew

The Princess Place Preserve is pristine historic area with some caches, just south of St. Augustine. After a wedding at the Fountain of Youth you may be looking for a little isolation. Well maintained trails, wildlife out the yazoo and some very interesting architechture. Time well spent.

GC1MVYP FLORIDA GEOCAC BENCHMARK PROJECT. If you don't do any other do this one!

Like I said, any cache in that area by legna and sOulbAit definitely should be on that To Do list. :laughing:

While everything legna and sOulbAit maybe wonder they have over 250 hides - a lot to sift through. While there will hopefully be a total of 50 like caches (if every state does participate) currently there are only 4 like caches (1 of which is inactive). Hence, if some is in town with limited time to cache - GC1MVYP is the one I would not leave town without trying to find.

Like I said, any cache in that area by legna and sOulbAit definitely should be on that To Do list. :)

While everything legna and sOulbAit maybe wonder they have over 250 hides - a lot to sift through.

While legna and sOulbAit may have 238 hides...only 9 of them are within 10 miles of St Augustine. You could find all their St Augustine caches in just a few hours. In addition to the GeoCAC, they have two excellent Earth Caches.