Coin Announcement! COINTEST ThirstyMick finally made a personal :)

ThirstyMick

1) hops

2) you love beers!!!

3) Simcoe

That's it :ph34r: mmmm Simcoe!

Though, Goldings and Fuggles and Saaz are up there too!

Congrats, send me your address!

I do love beers :) and I have brewed them, but not in awhile since the hop price exploded last year and I've been so busy! Whenever we travel, PolskiKrol and I like to visit the local breweries and brewpubs. I'm such a geek that I have a book I take a long with me for notes :rolleyes:

1) hops

2) you love beers!!!

3) Simcoe

That's it :) mmmm Simcoe!

Though, Goldings and Fuggles and Saaz are up there too!

Congrats, send me your address!

I do love beers :) and I have brewed them, but not in awhile since the hop price exploded last year and I've been so busy! Whenever we travel, PolskiKrol and I like to visit the local breweries and brewpubs. I'm such a geek that I have a book I take a long with me for notes :rolleyes:

WOW! I finally found it??? 4 before my list ends?? :D

Thank you my friend! I will send my address right away!!! :D

A cold beer is So nice with food or not! :) I like guinnes beer that according to what I heard, can hold you without eat for a day! It is quite strong! I also like Corona Extra (kind of Mexican beer? Well... you drink it from the bottle with lemon....) and of course Amstel, Heinneken, Mythos.... :D I do not know if you know these beers... Mythos is a greek beer! :D Sometimes, if I find in a bar a new name, I take one! Ok, I do nto drink much, but.... :D

Once I heard that During ancient times, they liked their beer hot!!! Yikes!!! :ph34r:

Well.... Just for the record.... The 4 varietes that were left are:

Northdown, Pacific Gem, Summit, Target and I am not sure if I mentioned the Colombus or something like that! :D

A cold beer is So nice with food or not! :) I like guinnes beer that according to what I heard, can hold you without eat for a day! It is quite strong!

I don't like beer as I said before. I went out with a friend once and he bet me I couldn't drink a guiness stout and I said I could. Well it was a very large mug but I was determined. Now remember I'm not a beer drinker and this was stout stuff. I was almost finished--maybe a half inch or an inch in the bottom-when he said Ok you've made your point. You win! What he didn't know is that I didn't think I could drink the rest! I had had quite enough of it :rolleyes::ph34r:

Congratulations Gatoulis for your win!!

Love that picture Opalsns! Thanks Tsun B) Great story LadyBee! :D

I couldn't get to the post office today, like I thought I would, so I'm going to be mailing out the winnings on tuesday! Going away this weekend, kayaking in Maine, woohoo :D

Since so few people were playing in the cointests, I think I'll stop. I'll explain the rest of the coin on Tuesday B)

Yes! This is quite strange! Where is everybody??? the coin here is fantastic!!!! I was so thrilled with it that I posted all the hops varietes!!! B)

Of course, I do not see a lot of movement in other contests too! We are almost the same guys playing in all cointests!! 5-6 well... not more than 10!!! In some other cointests, we were only 3 or 4 playing!!!

Why is that? It is more fun if many are playing!!! :D

Love that picture Opalsns! Thanks Tsun :D Great story LadyBee! :D

I couldn't get to the post office today, like I thought I would, so I'm going to be mailing out the winnings on tuesday! Going away this weekend, kayaking in Maine, woohoo :blink:

Since so few people were playing in the cointests, I think I'll stop. I'll explain the rest of the coin on Tuesday B)

No, no, no, no, no.....Don't stop B)

I will play :D

i was surprised to see so few people playing this cointest, where has everyone gone? i thought there would have been a good few more trying to win this coin as it is a nicely designed one.

As with many short cointest, they happen while I'm asleep :D Looked like fun though! We used to grow our own hops and experiment with beer making too! Especially in our dorm room at uni!

You played while I was at work, and while I can get to the main part of geocaching.com, the forums are blocked....and by the time I got home and saw the contest, it was over.

:D

Maybe play on the weekend/at night?

:) I shouldn't admit, that work time is my best free time! Not that I don't have plenty of things at work that I should be doing, but I also have the attention span of a fly, and sit in front of a computer (or five) alllllllllllllll day! The thought of looking at the computer screen at home on the weekend or at night makes me queasy, haha! Sorry to anyone overseas or working who missed out! Another factor is that the cointests that might happen at any time in an already open thread are kind of tough to catch at the right time too and relies on people continually checking in, which will get boring when nothing is going on... Oh well, I'm sure I'll give more away again at a later time :laughing: But I do actually have a bit to do before I go away, so I'd better stop.

Thanks for all the compliments on the coin :D I'm glad that you guys like it :grin:

Mailed out the winnings and a bunch of trades today at lunch!

Without further ado, an explanation of the coin :D :

The front is pretty self explanatory, I'm (part) Irish & love knotwork. I actually came up with my caching name while making fun of my boyfriend for his name which means Polish King. We were driving to my first cache and I couldn't think of anything better so that's what it became.

I chose flowers for the back partly because they were an easy thing to choose ones with meaning, and partly because of the representation of the outdoors and nature. I just can't stand being indoors. One of my friends saw one laying on my desk the other day and remarked "You're such a girl," but I'm not. I mean I am a girl, but not a particularly girly girl. It's funny b/c I didn't think of the flowers as being particularity girly before he said that; just nature-y.

So as I said before 86 is the street I grew up on. The girls I grew up with were family. The 23 was my basketball number in college. I was 32 in high school, but that was taken when I got to college so I ended up with the inverse. The vines are shaped like the lines on a basketball.

Starting at the top going clockwise, the first flower is an iris, a lovely purple iris. The official flower of my sorority, Delta Phi Epsilon.

The next flower is a rose. The rose is the state flower of New York, the state I was born in.

The next flower isn't a thistle :D it's a Purple Prairie Clover It's not the state flower of Minnesota thats the lady slipper, but to me, this flower is more representative of the region of Minnesota my family settled in when they came to the US in the 1800's. Minnesota, like most of the Midwest was carved up into farms. My family owned a farm in southwestern Minnesota near Pipestone. When I graduated from college my parents told me they would reward me with a trip to anywhere on the planet I wanted to go. They were surprised when I said Pipestone. But I'd heard about it my whole life, I can afford to fly myself anywhere I want, but how could I visit Pipestone with anyone other than my parents :D(I did stop there with my boyfriend on our cross country roadtrip last year and finally logged the EC) The pipestone national monument, which I stopped at on both trips is a sacred place to Native Americans who mine the soft stone for pipe making. Surrounding the mines, the original prairie wildflowers that existed before the midwest was carved into farms, have been replanted. I posted this picture to the EC, but I actually took it several years ago, on my first trip with my parents:

93d30dc4-f910-4fb0-b6a1-574ffb2af5ba.jpg

It's still one of my favorite photos that I've taken. I have a copy of it hanging on my wall at work.

The next flower is a forget-me-not, the official flower of Alpha Phi Omega. A service fraternity that I am a brother of. Also where I met my boyfriend.

The Tigerlily is my mothers favorite flower. Cut and given to her by my dad on their first date :o

The hop is for beer. I'm a big beer geek. Not a drunk, but a big geek who needs to sample the local stuff everywhere she goes. PK and I "volunteer" at a local brewery carding people before tours and helping with the bottling line.

In the middle is the official flower of my current state New Jersey, which b/c of geocaching I have learned to love (did I just say that?). I crossed the river (Hudson) to go to college, and stayed b/c it was cheaper than New York. I changed jobs from one in Manhattan to one in Jersey and eventually moved to suburbia. Caching has brought me to so many beautiful parks, that this new yorker who once thought the whole state was a dump (I blame the turnpike) now thinks it's a pretty great place to live.

Whew, that was a lot of explanation :( Again, thanks for all the nice comments everyone ;) I'm so excited they're finally here!

Hey! I was in APO as well.

I even did a stint as Section chair for Arkansas for a few years.

so yeah, Gatoulis...bring on those greek alphabet contests... I know my alphabet. What's nice is a lot of the lowercase greek letters are used in physics and math, which is what I have my degree in, so I know most of them too.

I'm sort of bi-lingual....now if you wrote something in greek, I could sound it out, get a pronunciation, but have NO idea what it says.

Whew, that was a lot of explanation :laughing: Again, thanks for all the nice comments everyone :D I'm so excited they're finally here!

Thanks for give us the full rundown of what everything meant to you and why it was on the coin, often I’ve looked at a coin and wondered what was the story behind it.

BTW kro’l polski sounds like a heck of a guy :grin: for that matter so does your dad :D .

Great job on the coin and if you find yourself leaving a coin in Ontario, email me :)

Got mine. They look lovely... :D

(back to the cointest)...

Lol, I think the cointests are done, due to lack of interest :) and the fact that I'm on the west coast now working 12 hour shifts (no time to find a post office!)

My odds of making it to GCF are looking slim...

Glad everyone is liking them :D and thanks for all the trades! Mark, you didn't have to send me your personal too! But thank you for the nice bonus!!! :D

Steve, I'll tell George to bring one when you go kayaking.. Haha, he's got authorization to drop them in any T-5 caches he deems worthy while I'm gone, so if you want a copper, well... :rolleyes:;)