New Maine Geocoin

Haffy

Is it honest to call the gold an LE when there's 943 units available as opposed to 947 silvers? Just curious and I ordered one of each anyhoo.

Don't know where you got your info but there are only going to be 50 LE golds for sale. The amount of silvers will be determined by the amount of preorders. I believe that is a typo on the ordering page.

Edited by Haffy

Is it honest to call the gold an LE when there's 943 units available as opposed to 947 silvers? Just curious and I ordered one of each anyhoo.

Don't know where you got your info but there are only going to be 250 LE golds for sale. The amount of silvers will be determined by the amount of preorders. I believe that is a typo on the ordering page.

Here is a direct quote from the email I got from Attroll the owner of the GCM.org site - "There is a limited edition of this coin available as well. For $2.00 more (to be used as a fundraiser for the site), this coin is the same die and artwork, but the state is in a polished gold instead of silver. These are limited to 50 coins, and only 1 per person, so get yours soon!"

Wonder who is correct?

Don't know where you got your info but there are only going to be 250 LE golds for sale. The amount of silvers will be determined by the amount of preorders. I believe that is a typo on the ordering page.

Here is a direct quote from the email I got from Attroll the owner of the GCM.org site - "There is a limited edition of this coin available as well. For $2.00 more (to be used as a fundraiser for the site), this coin is the same die and artwork, but the state is in a polished gold instead of silver. These are limited to 50 coins, and only 1 per person, so get yours soon!"

Wonder who is correct?

Must be you LA, I deleted the email from Rick before I posted it. Thanks for the correction and I corrected my post to reflect that amount as well.

Maybe it should have read 250,looks like they are going to sell well...:blink:

Anyway I ordered one of each as well.

Edited by Haffy

Droo, you were right. Thanks for pointing that out. There are only 50 LE being sold, but the webstore is showing over 960 available. I'm trying to fix it, but the site owner is in bed (night shift). I hope to fix the problem soon.

Didn't mean to question anyone's integrity but it did look strange to see sooooo many LEs available. Glad to see it was just a typo. Any idea of the timetable for minting and delivery?

Droo, you were right. Thanks for pointing that out. There are only 50 LE being sold, but the webstore is showing over 960 available. I'm trying to fix it, but the site owner is in bed (night shift). I hope to fix the problem soon.

Didn't mean to question anyone's integrity but it did look strange to see sooooo many LEs available. Glad to see it was just a typo. Any idea of the timetable for minting and delivery?

The vendor is anticipating a 3 week delivery time from the Oct 6 close date. Once I have them here, I'll shovel them out the door as fast as possible.

I can't get on the server(403 Forbidden). Not in the store, not on the mainpage. Not thru the link here, not thru google. What's happening?

Ruud4d

I've got the same problem! I keep geetting the message 403 forbidden when trying to visit the webite... What does the coin look like?

Edited by Li-Z

The LE edition link comes up with "Sorry, the product was not found." but not a server error, and the coin says "826 Units in Stock".

The LE coin is sold out, but preorders are being taken for the regular coin until October 5th. If you are having trouble accessing the link, email me and I'll try to find a workaround.

The link I inserted in the original post just worked fine for me, all the way through adding a coin to my cart. Please try again. Don't scare me like that, I thought I messed it up!!!

Hi Eltada,

There's nothing wrong with the link B)

It's the web adress itself that doesn't work from here. I have no idea why not, but I keep getting the message 'no permission to acces this server or forbidden 304 :D Tried ot from different computers as well...

Well, I'll see a picture one day B)

The link I inserted in the original post just worked fine for me, all the way through adding a coin to my cart. Please try again. Don't scare me like that, I thought I messed it up!!!

Hi Eltada,

There's nothing wrong with the link B)

It's the web adress itself that doesn't work from here. I have no idea why not, but I keep getting the message 'no permission to acces this server or forbidden 304 :D Tried ot from different computers as well...

Well, I'll see a picture one day B)

If the link doesn't work for you, go to the geocachingmaine.org website and follow the coin link on the right side of the page.

Bump -

Here is a post of the artwork for this coin:

2009-coin-plain.jpg

The LEs are all pre-ordered (were limited to 50) but there is still room to pre-order the regular coin. Orders will close 10/5. Here is the link for ordering - 2009 Maine Geocoin Ordering Link

If you have any questions - please direct them to the GeocachingMaine.org website.

Haffy has provided you with a site/home page link - apparently the store link only works from the home page. Sorry.

Is geocachingmaine.org blocked for users outside the USA or so? If so, that's not nice :anicute:

I am very anxious to know what the coin looks like and if I like it, I would surely order it.

And I really am a nice customer :blink::huh:

If you need a shipping quote for outside the US, PM me and I'll get you a price.

Hey Sudonim - thanks as the Sales Dude for jumping in here. I think Ruud4d had more than shipping quote question. He could not access our site - and especially for photos...........and is there a photo of the sample from our supplier?

I know we have had some spammers on the site. Whatever is blocked apparently the site can not be accessed by Ruud4d. Sort of sad if we are trying to sell coins.

Ruud4d has said he sent you an email though the yahoo addy - did you get it? I hope he has a chance to get coins if he likes them.

Hey Sudonim - thanks as the Sales Dude for jumping in here. I think Ruud4d had more than shipping quote question. He could not access our site - and especially for photos...........and is there a photo of the sample from our supplier?

I know we have had some spammers on the site. Whatever is blocked apparently the site can not be accessed by Ruud4d. Sort of sad if we are trying to sell coins.

Ruud4d has said he sent you an email though the yahoo addy - did you get it? I hope he has a chance to get coins if he likes them.

Hi LA,

I replied to your email, but it bounced.

I mailed Ruud back, thanks for the heads up.

Not sure what the deal is, but some people can't see the site. If you can't see it, email me and I'll get you going the right direction.

Hi LA,

Not sure what the deal is, but some people can't see the site. If you can't see it, email me and I'll get you going the right direction.

I'm wondering if you got my mail with my order.

Ruud4d

Hi LA,

I'm wondering if you got my mail with my order.

Ruud4d

Just spoke with Sudonum and he has your email and you are in on the coin........not sure what has happened but the coins you wanted are reserved for you Ruud4d.

Anyone else wanting in on this preorder - it ends 10/5.......so now it the time to get in. Round coin with die cut outs for the shadow of the state. Don't miss out.