How to mass delete waypoints from the 60CSx?

Hello,

after some time of use a lot of waypoints have accumulated on my 60CSx. I would like to manage them using my PC because deleting them one by one is not very comfortable.

I've tried Mapsource and GSAK but I didn't find a way to remotely delete WPs in neither of the two applications. Maybe I'm just blind (I must admit I don't like the look and feel of neither Mapsource nor GSAK) but somebody recommended GSAK just for what I want to do in a different thread.

"Send to GPS" and "Read from GPS" is all I found - but no "Delete from GPS" anywhere.

Please help me and tell me what I have missed...

thanks,

Pulvertoastmann

Hello,

after some time of use a lot of waypoints have accumulated on my 60CSx. I would like to manage them using my PC because deleting them one by one is not very comfortable.

I've tried Mapsource and GSAK but I didn't find a way to remotely delete WPs in neither of the two applications. Maybe I'm just blind (I must admit I don't like the look and feel of neither Mapsource nor GSAK) but somebody recommended GSAK just for what I want to do in a different thread.

"Send to GPS" and "Read from GPS" is all I found - but no "Delete from GPS" anywhere.

Please help me and tell me what I have missed...

thanks,

Pulvertoastmann

It's been some time since I fired up a 60CSx, but I believe if you page to the Trip Computer page, hit the Menu button, select Reset....a list of items to delete will appear. Place a check mark in those you want to reset/delete (Waypoints is one)...confirm the selection and they're gone.

Bill

I don't have a 60csx available but on my eTrex Vista HCX I can delete all waypoints or only those with a specific symbol. I'm sure if the Vista can do it the 60 can. Here's what I do on the Vista you'll have to figure it out on the 60.

Go to the Main Menu

Select Find

Select Waypoints

Press the Menu Button

Select Delete

You should then see All Symbols followed by the different Symbols being used on your GPS, you can then delete All or by Symbol

Edited by Tui Chub