Amalgamating users.....

uncleadolph&angelbex

My wife and I have separate user profiles but as we now only do our geocaching together (aaah!) we intend to just have one profile once our premium memberships come up for renewal in December. Presumably we can get our user name changed by putting in a request but as there are one or two caches I've done but my wife hasn't and vice versa can we get our profiles amalgamated so all these caches show on our joint profile?

It would probably be easier for the both of you to just do the missing caches to make your find histories the same.

I assume you mean they should physically go to those caches and log them, which would be great, but maybe they're hundreds of miles away, and now archived.

To the OP.

You could:

1) Choose to proceed using one or the other of the accounts you now have, retro-logging the caches that account has not logged, but were logged by the other member of your now combined team.

2) Have one team name changed and retro-log as above

3) Create a new account to signify the new situation and continue forward from there.

4) (What I would do) Just keep things as they are and discontinue the premium status of one of the accounts. You are married, and you cache together, but you certainly don't have the same opinions of and experiences at each cache, do you?

Of course maybe one of you is really just getting tired of writing logs? Around here there are many who simply log 'Found it with so-and-so, TFTC!'

(What I would do) Just keep things as they are and discontinue the premium status of one of the accounts. You are married, and you cache together, but you certainly don't have the same opinions of and experiences at each cache, do you?

Of course maybe one of you is really just getting tired of writing logs? Around here there are many who simply log 'Found it with so-and-so, TFTC!'

If you're leaning toward doing it this way, but are concerned about having only one account with PM privileges available, remember that PQ files can be uploaded to multiple GPSr units, and that there is an intentionally-unfixed workaround to allow non-PMs to log members-only caches.

My wife and I have separate user profiles but as we now only do our geocaching together (aaah!) we intend to just have one profile once our premium memberships come up for renewal in December. Presumably we can get our user name changed by putting in a request but as there are one or two caches I've done but my wife hasn't and vice versa can we get our profiles amalgamated so all these caches show on our joint profile?

Like others have commented on this thread, GC will not combine the two accounts at this time. I know this due to two of the caches that live near me tried to do this last spring. GC said that they would not combine them. They ended up changing their primary account name as you have said you are planning on, and their second account went to a non-verified status so that they would not recieve any more duplicate emails. They chose the account with the higher number and then send adoption requests from the old account to the new primary for all the trackables and caches they owned. Their number difference was negligable as well, and they ended up making a couple trips to log the new name into the cache to get credit for it.

One day GC might even make a family package to avoid this issue, but untill then...... :blink:

MYater