Discovered TB is still in last cache?

McBack

I noticed one thing.

A friend has taken a TB earlier from a cache, when others discovering it later, the log header still reads

9/1/2009 "geoname" discovered it "cachename"

even though it's taken from the cache some days ago.

Not a problem, but a small (travel)bug. :blink:

Edited by McBack

Cache O'Plenty:

Yes I know that. If we check "OCC-Tank" TBHHFG

8/28/2009 Pele53 retrieved it from 0 km: Jurva

Yes that's ok

next log:

9/1/2009 Raksen discovered it 0 km: Jurva

4 days later it's discovered in the cache, even if we know it's not there.

Then it's discovered more, when it's later dropped in the next cache.

9/1/2009 Pele53 placed it in Koivulahden tehtaat

Maybe a wrong example because it's dropped the same day, but it doesn't matter with one I check it's the same thing on all.

An other one

Sunshine Geocoin TB14DKV

I took it from a cache 8/23/2009, then it's discovered the next day in the same cache, even if I still have it.

BlueDeuce:

It's not the day issue eather, as I write in this reply

I know what the OP is stating. I saw it after the lastest update and I dislike it a lot. I discover coins other than in caches quite a bit and now the logs will read:

8/18/2009 Shilo discovered it MEGATRON!!!!!!

even if it was in the cache or not(in this case it was)

I suppose someone whined that they wanted the cache name in the discover log so they didnt have to look up what cache they saw it in so now everyone discovers it in the last cache it was placed in no matter if they saw it there or not.

What happens if its seen in a unlogged cache? The discovered log will be wrong. I as an owner might be tempted to delete said log as a virtual log so GS doesn't lock down my trackable. Bet no one thought about that?

I noticed one thing.

A friend has taken a TB earlier from a cache, when others discovering it later, the log header still reads

9/1/2009 "geoname" discovered it "cachename"

even though it's taken from the cache some days ago.

This problem started happening within the last couple of weeks. Another one that started at about the same time is that if you grab a TB from another geocacher, the TB page says you grabbed it from the cache that that person retrieved it from. For example, the web page for Dox Japan Official Geocoin # 1 says

____2/25/2008 hidegoseek retrieved it from Samoa Rocks!

and then

____2/28/2008 Nylimb grabbed it from Samoa Rocks!.

In fact I grabbed it from hidegoseek, and until recently the geocoin's web page said so.

This problem started happening within the last couple of weeks.

Are you sure its considered a problem and not a feature?

I hope it is a problem myself because its very misleading.

And how did this change occur? I'm sure it just didnt find itself into the coding. But then again the auto mileage update just showed up one day and they still can't fix that or find the cause.