Log dates out of order?

Pharmadude

Just saw "out of order dates" on another TB. Evidently they are being sorted according to the dates the logs were actually posted, rather than the dates that appear on the logs.

I would agree with that. I wonder if trackable logs are like cache logs and have a unique log ID and the bug page sorts by ID and not the date in the log. I can certainly see sorting by logID since it would be easier and is not dependent on interpreting dates. (basically what Doublebent said, but lots of times there are things under the covers that is not evident.)

Jim

Edited by jholly

I've got something similar going on. After I added a thread on this elsewhere I took another look. The dates haven't changed but they are no longer listed in chronological order and several Discovery logs from different people here in San Diego area (and a couple in Utah) now point to the same cache in Kansas which is totally bogus and an impossibility. The data is corrupt I guess?

I added a vehicle TB sticker to my Jeep this summer and drove it from the San Diego area to Kansas and back (yea, stopped at Mingo). I dipped it along the way ("dropped" it in when I logged a cache find and then grabbed it back right away) to record the progress. That worked fine and showed the route I took for the trip. As mentioned above, a few people have also discovered it in the meantime.

But when I looked at it yesterday I noticed that everything is screwed up. The map looks like I zig-zagged back and forth between California and Kansas. And the resulting mileage is crazy also. Not sure when this actually happened because I don't look at it every day.

TB2K16T

Edited by fsafranek