Twitter

:P I have set up my accoung from the geocaching site to send my finds auto to twitter, it used to work I have not chanced any of my setting, but now it is not working, alos my field notes are being sent right to the Geocaching site and not in my field notes any ideas anyone???

Thanks

Since this is about to drop off the first page with no responses, I'll reply. Not that I have anything useful to say. :) Twitter itself is prone to temporary bugs and glitches (as well as denial of service attacks by hackers); it could very well be on their end that the Geoaching finds aren't going to Twitter. The field notes going directly to the Geocaching site and not your field notes sounds very strange. Never heard of such a thing.

Before Twitter there was facebook. Before Facebook there was MySpace. Before there was MySpace there was probably something else.

They all have a few things in common.

1) They pretend they are better than their previous incarnation

2) They get people to use their service by promising them the world (connect to the world)

3) They are in it to make a boatload of money.

Based on the history of social networking sites, if they can't make money on it, they aren't going to spend time supporting it.

I understand that this probably doesn't help answer your question, or it might. It's possible that whatever feature that allowed you to send your finds to Twitter has been discontinued. If thats the case then don't expect the feature to return until Twitter finds out a way to make a buck off of it.

Just a possible theory.

Here is some actual help and I'm assuming you're using the iPhone with the geocaching app...

When the 2.3 update came out for the iPhone app, it allowed to autopost to the site skipping the field notes. So when you input your field notes, uncheck the auto submit button near the bottom of that page. If they auto submitted, they wont be sent to twitter, only if it's submitted as an actual field note. Make sense?

See the switch there, make sure it isn't like that...

photo-92.jpg

Before Twitter there was facebook. Before Facebook there was MySpace. Before there was MySpace there was probably something else.

They all have a few things in common.

1) They pretend they are better than their previous incarnation

2) They get people to use their service by promising them the world (connect to the world)

3) They are in it to make a boatload of money.

Just a possible theory.

Before Twitter, Facebook, and MySpace there was Usenet (and despite thousands of predictions, it's still not quite dead). None of those things in common apply to Usenet. I don't know if it makes any difference be Usenet came well before the web, and even before domain names (I used to use it as hpda!hpdsla!johnf in 1984).

and before the internet there was BBS sites... Ahh I can still hear the sound of my old 1200 baud modem dialing... :P

1200 baud?!? Try 300 baud.

I had one of those 300 baud modems with the acoustic coupling.

It looks sort of like this:

apple_apple2_acoustic-coupler_1.jpg

It was connected to an HP1000 mini computer I built from scrap parts while working at HP in around 1978. This is what my keyboard looked like:

DSCF1349a.jpg

The paper tape reader was used to load the operating system after toggling in 60 or so assembly language instructions using switches on the front panel of the computer, which looked just like this:

2108A-37.jpg