Permission for park cache

Soeners4

Does anyone know who I should call to get permission to hide my cache in the park?

Here's how I did it: I found the web site for the county parks, and emailed the contact listed. They replied with some general guidelines (mainly they want to know it's not in a restricted area), and suggested I drop by the office (also listed online).

Also, some parks have published geocaching policies. You may not need explicit permission if your cache complies with their rules, or their policy may tell you who to contact for permission to hide a cache.

That is true of many park systems these days. Find out if they have rules and then follow them closely. Ask local geo-groups or experienced cachers - they probably know. Often there is no need for any contact at all.

Does anyone know who I should call to get permission to hide my cache in the park?

Here's how I did it: I found the web site for the county parks, and emailed the contact listed. They replied with some general guidelines (mainly they want to know it's not in a restricted area), and suggested I drop by the office (also listed online).

Same here. I just googled the park and it listed the Parks & Recreation supervisor/director and I wrote him an email. There wasn't an official Geocaching policy for the park, but the director just wanted to know where the cache was placed so his groundskeepers would know about it and not remove it. I provided him with the coordinates (after it was published!) and a picture of the cache in its hiding spot.

Bruce