Country Joe McDonald,OOOPS, I guess I'm still at Woodstock

Well it's 1, 2 3 What are we fightin' 4

Don't ask me , I don't give a dam

Next stop is Vietnam

And it's 5, 6 ,7 Open up the Pearly gates

OH ain't no time to wonder why

"Woopie" .....Pie

Edited by opalsns

Taking a break for a few hours to go place a cache.

Be Back Soon.

I saw your notes when archiving your other hides. Mind if I ask what happened? I hope things turn out better for you this time.

Jr Mikal #1 LOVES hiding them. He wants to hide more and more, "so that everyone else can have more fun finding them!" Those are his words, not mine. He said that when he was only 7! What a heart, huh? He's a good kid! Check this one out...read the description. The only thing I helped with was finding the perfect spot (he picked the general area), and the camo on the container. He did the rest!

GC1Q1ED - Kelly's Killer Kids Kache

Be Back Soon.

I saw your notes when archiving your other hides. Mind if I ask what happened? I hope things turn out better for you this time.

Jr Mikal #1 LOVES hiding them. He wants to hide more and more, "so that everyone else can have more fun finding them!" Those are his words, not mine. He said that when he was only 7! What a heart, huh? He's a good kid! Check this one out...read the description. The only thing I helped with was finding the perfect spot (he picked the general area), and the camo on the container. He did the rest!

Sure,

i've had some of my caches muggled. One was in a place you couldn't see, camo,ed as a rock and stuck in the ground under other rocks. Someone must have left it out or it was intentional. They Crushed it and threw it on the path, Then my Ariel was left out on a rock, rehiden and now gone. 2 GRC were missing,They were wheel chair accessable, so now there are no handicap caches around.

I pulled them all and I am putting a new one on my property within gunshot range!!! I'm not kidding.

There has also been a RASH of geocoin theiving in the Bangor area. So someone around here or on the Maine forum is watching where they are and taking the coins. I'm very allergic to bug bites so I don't cache in the summer or I would sit out in the woods and watch my caches.

I'm really begining to hate people...

Opalsns

Be Back Soon.

Sure,

i've had some of my caches muggled. One was in a place you couldn't see, camo,ed as a rock and stuck in the ground under other rocks. Someone must have left it out or it was intentional. They Crushed it and threw it on the path, Then my Ariel was left out on a rock, rehiden and now gone. 2 GRC were missing,They were wheel chair accessable, so now there are no handicap caches around.

I pulled them all and I am putting a new one on my property within gunshot range!!! I'm not kidding.

There has also been a RASH of geocoin theiving in the Bangor area. So someone around here or on the Maine forum is watching where they are and taking the coins. I'm very allergic to bug bites so I don't cache in the summer or I would sit out in the woods and watch my caches.

Opalsns

Sorry to hear about this. Geocaching should be fun and it really sucks when people go out and ruin it for others.

Be Back Soon.

Sure,

Opalsns

im very sorry to hear about the cache maggots in your area. its really disheartening when this happens, but i hope you dont stop caching. like you said handicapped friendly caches are not in abundance in your area, nor anywhere in the world.

im not disabled myself, but i try to set caches that are disabled friendly as i have young children and consider child cachers to be in the same club as disbabled people.

i know its hard at the moment they way you are feeling, but please dont give up it just means the maggots have won.

I won't give up caching. But I won't have a bunch of caches out untill this blows over.

yup,

There are maggots out there for sure.

I remember someone started a thread, saying they forgot how to search for caches with coins in them and I thought how could you forget????

Someone replyed to thjem how to do it and I don't think that person has been back again.

That's curious to me.

I think I'll look for that thread, but anyway, those are the kind of things we should not give out info about. Real cachers know that stuff, and why would you want just coin caches???????

I'm making mine Premium memebers only from now on.

I'm so bummed about it. There are a few folks setting up Hunter's Camera's to catch the scum, I hope they do and then post it on U tube

Oh please, do not give up caching!

Yes, some guys do not understand or they are just......

Can I ask something? you achived all your caches! One of them had a coin or whatever is that (looks like a TB, but it is not), that belongs to Maine family! what hapens to it now that thecache is achived? ...or you mean that this is stollen too? Oh boy.....

I won't give up caching. But I won't have a bunch of caches out untill this blows over.

yup,

I remember someone started a thread, saying they forgot how to search for caches with coins in them and I thought how could you forget????

Someone replyed to thjem how to do it and I don't think that person has been back again.

That's curious to me.

I think I'll look for that thread, but anyway, those are the kind of things we should not give out info about. Real cachers know that stuff, and why would you want just coin caches???????

I'm so bummed about it. There are a few folks setting up Hunter's Camera's to catch the scum, I hope they do and then post it on U tube

I think Premium-only will not help.....here in germany are many cachers with only 5 found, who are premium and they destroy caches or steal coins, too :anibad:

And that would be bad for some people (for example me) who are not premiun, but like to go out and search for caches :laughing:

yup,

That's curious to me.

I think Premium-only will not help.....here in germany are many cachers with only 5 found, who are premium and they destroy caches or steal coins, too :anibad:

And that would be bad for some people (for example me) who are not premiun, but like to go out and search for caches :laughing:

i agree. i know its a way to help keep this site running, but there are many of us who dont have premium membership as due to the amount of times or the area they live in makes it not very worthwhile for us.

the majority of my time for example i cannot get out caching all that often and the scarcity of caches means premium is useless. the very rare time i would manage to go traveling elsewhere in the country would mean that i wouldnt be able to find any caches if everyone decided to go premium. it kind of locks out geocachers visiting from cache poor areas.

Well, I just placed a cache and made it premium to see how it goes and I noticed an AUDIT link under the coords. When you click on it, it brings up a list of cachers that have looked up that cache. This is interesting and i wonder if it is a new feature.

Once this rash of thieving blows over, i will put out many more caches.

Pagan if you ever come to Maine to cache, Let me know and I'll give you the coords!!!!!!

Opalsns

Edited by opalsns

Pagan if you ever come to Maine to cache, Let me know and I'll give you the coords!!!!!!

Opalsns

sounds good to me. ive not got the cash for the flight over, so does anyone wanna pay my flight? either that or i stick a tb number on me and sit next to a geocache with a mission plan. :anibad:

would anyone move me along in the right direction or would i get stolen?

Opalsns

sounds good to me. ive not got the cash for the flight over, so does anyone wanna pay my flight? either that or i stick a tb number on me and sit next to a geocache with a mission plan. :anibad:

I will help move ya . Maybe give ya a meal and a blanket too !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I just placed a cache and made it premium to see how it goes and I noticed an AUDIT link under the coords. When you click on it, it brings up a list of cachers that have looked up that cache. This is interesting and i wonder if it is a new feature.

Opalsns

The audit link is not a new feature for Premium only member caches - been there for a long time! Problem is - folks who aren't Premium members can not log their finds on these. Give them the coords but they can't log the caches.

I get notices of new caches within 100 miles of my homebase and am a Premium member. Never saw your cache published. Wonder why? Also, using your usually IDs can't find it either or even for Premium member caches with a search of all within 100 miles of your home base. Actually a couple of us were going caching tomorrow in your area so that is what provoked me to a search.

Sorry to hear your caches were trashed or taken. That stinks!

I, also, had something very mysterious and strange (non caching related) happen on my land. Base on that - all my home based caches (on our land) are gone. Will not replace them nor be reponsible for threatening. Just archived the caches and posted our land.

Hang in there - do what you can and enjoy.

Opalsns

I will help move ya . Maybe give ya a meal and a blanket too !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't move you right away, I'd make you hang around and visit the area and feed you Lobster, Then I would move you!!!LOL!!

So there's 2 cachers so far that would make you Welcomed, There'll be more!!!!!!

Opalsns

I get notices of new caches within 100 miles of my homebase and am a Premium member. Never saw your cache published. Wonder why? Also, using your usually IDs can't find it either or even for Premium member caches with a search of all within 100 miles of your home base.

I said I PLACED a cache and Maybe when it gets PUBLISHED , you'll see it . When I get the number, I'll Shoot it right to you.

OH and I don't think Paganfrog has to worry about logging their find, because we are joking around.

Opalsns...I am really sorry to hear of your experiences, and I really hope that the associated thoughts and feelings don't start to erode your enjoyment. Actually, your tone kind of reminded me of a funny name that we gave our cat years ago.

We had a dog back at the time that our first child (Jr Mikal #1) was born. As our son began to become more mobile (walking), he enjoyed going over to the dog and pulling his ears or tail. Normally, he was very patient with this, and would just leave, or get out of reach (on top of the couch, etc). Well, at one point, the dog developed an ear infection, so the baby's contact really hurt him. He would start getting irritated when the baby came near, and we would do our best to intercede. We were running out of patience with this when the infection seemed to finally clear up.

Then...the infection switched ears, and started all over again. He wouldn't even let us give him the medicine (this one must have hurt worse!). Rather than have an unpleasant incident with the baby (the dog did show his teeth a couple of times as the baby approached), we let him get adopted by another family without kids. (There is a point...I swear)

My wife could see how much I missed having a pet, and so for my b-day, she got us a kitten. We could only keep her for a week, because my allergies got really BAD! However, during that week, I did enjoy having her around. But, still being a little down about why we had to get rid of the dog, I gave the cat a funny name, to try to cheer myself up. I named her, "Disenchanted Society."