Help needed

Hi everybody,

I am in dire straits and I need help. Maybe this is a long shot in the dark but I have to try. We have an event on Saturday (yes, 29 August) at 15h00 and it was planned to do a handover of an achievement coin to a certain cacher with more than 2000 finds. Ok, that was the plan.

Just recently we had a strike at the Post Office and at the moment there is one huge bottle neck. Snail mail just turned into something that had a lot of speed. The coins that were ordered about 2 weeks ago will not be available for Saturday and it is a huge disappointment. I ordered the coins from geotees.

Questions:

1. Is there anyone that is on his way to Johannesburg, South Africa before Saturday 15h00? Please contact me via e-mail if you are prepared to help.

2. If anyone else has an idea how to get the coins here it will be appreciated. Ok, if your name is Bill Gates with a private airplane feel free to contact me.

This is not nice Postman Pat. :unsure:

Gerhard

AKA gerhardoosMPsa

Edited by gerhardoosMPsa

Oh dear, that's a shame. :unsure:

If you don't find any way to get the Achievement geocoin in time, here's a suggestion...

Make up a funny, colourful, obviously "fake" Achievement geocoin and put it into a fancy box for the cacher. When the time comes for the presentation hand it over and let him unwrap it and make a joke of it being one of those fake laminate geocoins that some folks complain about over on the Geocoin Discussion forum. Let him know that the real one is on its way and you'll do a "swap" for him when it turns up.

I'm sure he'll still love the gesture.

MrsB ;)