Asking a dumb question...but a question none the less

I have a Garmin GPSmap60CSX which I enjoy very much. I recently switched to rechargable batteries. The 12v adapter I bought made a statement about keeping it charged when docked. Can anyone confirm Does the Garmin recharge the batteries when its plugged into a 12v outlet?

I can seem to find the answer in the owners manual.

Thanking you all in advance

Fellow cacher...

I have a Garmin GPSmap60CSX which I enjoy very much. I recently switched to rechargable batteries. The 12v adapter I bought made a statement about keeping it charged when docked. Can anyone confirm Does the Garmin recharge the batteries when its plugged into a 12v outlet?

I can seem to find the answer in the owners manual.

Thanking you all in advance

Fellow cacher...

Sorry, it won't charge. It just supplies power...

Well darn. Ok thank you for the info. I will have to make a point of getting more batteries...or at least a 2nd set of rechargers and a power inverter.

Thank you again.

Four rechargeables is plenty. Depending on costs, you might be better off getting a charger that runs on both AC and 12 volts.

Jim

Well darn. Ok thank you for the info. I will have to make a point of getting more batteries...or at least a 2nd set of rechargers and a power inverter.

Thank you again.

Four rechargeables is plenty. Depending on costs, you might be better off getting a charger that runs on both AC and 12 volts.

Jim

Bear in mind that rechargeable batteries (in this case probably the NiMH ones) have a "high" self-discharge rate, so if you´re not going to use it strongly (use them all in a couple of days) you´ll have to recharge often.

As for me, I normally have a pair of NiMH from Phillips (which are the best that I have ever tested, followed by the MaHa Energy ones) and "ordinary" lithium ones as spare.

Rgds,

WF

I use eneloop batteries by Sanyo. I picked up a set of 8 AA's with recharger at Costco. I use 4 of them in my camera, and 2 in my Garmin 60CSx with 2 spares in the GPS case. These are a NiMH hybrid battery that has negligible discharge when they are not in use. In fact, they come fully charged in the package and can be used immediately. The hype on their website claims that they lose only 5% of their charge in a year - I've never had them sit more than a month, but they carried a full charge after that long. I'll never go back to conventional rechargables. Nothing worse than pulling out your spares and seeing one bar on the display! You can find out about them here: http://www.eneloop.info/