No staellites

Sakidoo

There have been a number of 60 series units that have lost their GPS firmware, resulting in exactly the symptoms you describe. You can check: press MENU>MENU>Setup>System>MENU>Software Version. If the GPS SW Version is 0.00, the unit has lost the firmware. If that is what has happened, reinstalling it, via WebUpdater , will restore your unit to normal function.

There have been a number of 60 series units that have lost their GPS firmware, resulting in exactly the symptoms you describe. You can check: press MENU>MENU>Setup>System>MENU>Software Version. If the GPS SW Version is 0.00, the unit has lost the firmware. If that is what has happened, reinstalling it, via WebUpdater , will restore your unit to normal function.

Thanks. I tried the 30+ time (left my GPS on for the whole time), then turned it off and turned it on again. No luck. I am currently using software version 3.60, GPS SW Version 3.00. I'd hate to resort to loosing my waypoints but may have to do that..

Thanks anyhow. If you get any othere brainwaves, do send them along.

Cheers,

If it has been a few weeks/months - the unit may need to reaquire the almanac data.

Set it outside with a clear view of the sky for about 30 minutes. Power it off and back on - should be ok.

Also - make certain you have upgrded to the latest firmware.

Check! Not that easy I'm afraid but good thinking nevertheless

Thanks, I've got firmware version 3.6, so my guess it's not it.

Thanks, I've got firmware version 3.6, so my guess it's not it.

I assume you mean that you checked it using my instructions, but it isn’t entirely clear from your reply. If you didn't, then this could still be the problem. I’m concerned that you may be assuming that just because you had it once, it’s still there. The problem is that it somehow gets erased from the unit. And it wouldn't be the 3.60 that would be lost. 3.60 is the unit firmware. It would be the 3.00, which is the chipset firmware that is responsible for satellite reception.

BTW, you should update to at least unit firmware 3.70. It is very stable.