New! GS Bikerz Alpha Geocoin

The Caching Place

3859497870_dfeec365b1_o.jpg

GS Bikerz Alpha Geocoin is available for pre-sale today! This larger format 2.00" diameter Geocoin was chosen to optimize the detail & artisty of this magnificent Geocoin. The themes "Ride to Cache"& "Live to Cache" are embodied in this beautiful coin! We expect to Ship 9/22/09 or sooner.

The GS Bikerz Alpha Geocoin is made of stamped bronze imitation hard enamel with black nickel plating. It measures 2.0"" and 3mm thick. This 2-D design as 17 colors on the front and 15 colors on the back. Engraved tracking code is on the back of the coin. It is packaged in a PVC pouch This coin is trackable.

This magnificent coin embodies the "Ride to Cache" theme. It is a 2.0" diameter coin so it is significantly larger then the 1.75" diameter Geocoin. We chose the larger size to optimize the artistic detail of the GS Bikerz Alpha Geocoin. The price is slightly higher because of the size, but well worth it!

This promises to be one of our most popular Geocoins, so please order early.

Visit us at www.thecachingplace.com

Cordially,

Jim

Cute coin but a MAJOR flaw. They aren't wearing helmets. Please refer to the Todie's Wild Ride thread or any of my geocoins that are traveling with the name of Todie's Wild Ride.

Hi Ladybee4T:

This was an artistic decision for our anthpomorphic snowpeople. In the real world if our snowman had an accident he wouldn't be taken to the hospital, he would just melt.

There is no flaw, unless you believe the famous biker movie THE WILD ONE starring Marlon Btando should be re-edited to show him wearing a helmet. LOL

Yes, I know how important it is for HUMANS to wear a helmet while riding....

Cordially,

Jim

Edited by The Caching Place

No reason to conform with someone elses point of view or agenda, true. And artistically, they are very cute w/out helmets. But putting helmets on them may have encouraged lots more sales to people wanting an appropriate coin to release for Todies Wild Ride!

/also, while it's cute and they are just snowmen, I might still be afraid of giving people the impression that it's okay to not wear a helmet!

No reason to conform with someone elses point of view or agenda, true. And artistically, they are very cute w/out helmets. But putting helmets on them may have encouraged lots more sales to people wanting an appropriate coin to release for Todies Wild Ride!

/also, while it's cute and they are just snowmen, I might still be afraid of giving people the impression that it's okay to not wear a helmet!

Hi Everybody!

I'm surprised at the controversy of the "helmet issue". The designer and I (I have input into the design) discussed the helmets before we finalized the design. It is my belief that this is purely an artistic expression that should be free of political correctness. I feel that the design stands on its own artistic merit, and should be judged solely on artistic merit. Some mentioned that it would be inappropriate for the Todie's Wild Ride. While that wasn't a consideration when the coin was designed it baffles me to believe that people or kids would not wear helmets because of a pair of helmetless snowfolk riding on a motorcycle.

Once could write a treatise on this subject. but suffice to say the designer and I both liked the snowpeople better without helmets. It allowed us to have the snowfolk convey more emotion. The decisions were made without consideration of political correctness. If that costs The Caching Place sales, than so be it!

Lastly, I'm aware that helmets save lives and prevent injuries. I support all efforts for adult and child education in the matter of motorcycle safety. There are appropriate venues for education. The design of our Ride to Cache coin was to convey the Joy & Freedom of riding on the open road. It was not meant to be anything else.

Cordially,

Jim Berk

Owner

The Caching Place

Edited by The Caching Place

How on earth can snowpeople ride motorcycles with or without helmets??? The heat from that 100+ ci v-twin is enough to melt them folks into puddles before they even get a mile down the road - winter wonderland or not!!

I think it's a very cute design and will purchase a couple. It's nice to have more "biker" coins out there.

BTW, Ladebear, they could've drawn beenie helmets on 'em that are legally tolerated and give the "pretense" of safety but are no more protective than a baseball cap.

Not really wanting to continue the controversy...because I'm not sure it even belongs in this thread(we have our own for that discussion)...but...For anyone who might like to release some of these for Todie's Wild Ride...

You could always give the coin a mission discussing the importance of wearing helmets, and make the piont on YOUR coin's page that these riders are at an extra risk with the helmet missing.

Will these be available for a while, or are they a limited minting? I just blew a used car worth of money on an order of (925)coins, so I won't be able to buy any more very soon...I guess I could make a wish list!!

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

Hi Kristi!

I've talked to the artist who designs these for me ( I have input as well) and I think we will do a series of motorcycle themed Geocoins over the next few months. The new 2.0" diameter format will display the artistry of these coins more optimally.

I appreciate your kind words on the Geocaching Snowman Seasonal series. The series has been appreciated by Geocachers all over the world!

Cordially,

Jim