'log your visit' order in the list

Hi

I got a couple of my first FTF the other week. :ph34r: .....and in the space of time of me getting back to my PC to log it, two other finders had logged their visit on the website. So I am first in the book in the cache, but shown as only third on the website log. Can I change this? You should be able to select the time as well as date...

Thanks

When I go to log a cache and the first finder has not posted his log, I'll put in mine something like "First to log, a cheap an meaningless victory is better than none"

Don't worry about not being posted first, stick an FTF in the notes and move on.

Besides, I'd hate to select date and time when logging every cache...

....Besides, I'd hate to select date and time when logging every cache...

...and what would we do with the countless logs that have no time on them?

We could play "Louis the XVI" and shout "OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!"

(Edit to add:) Maybe that was Henry the XIII...

Edited by Unkle Fester

I understand what you are asking about and probably why you are asking.

Some stat generators will "guess" the FTF on a cache by selecting the first found log on the page and lebeling that person (in their own datbase) as FTF.

Logging second nullifies your FTF as far as the stat generator goes.

I wondered the same thing but then realized that since I really don't care that much about how many I have of what, it's not important to me. There are more stats that interest me in my own profile.

Actually, every stat program I've seen taht auto-detected a First To Find did it based on the content of the log (e.g. putting "FTF" in your log), not the order of the logs.

Keep in mind, most of the stat generators work off the MyFinds Pocket Query and that PQ only includes YOUR logs...so there's no way for those stat programs to know if it was the FIRST LOG. :ph34r:

Have a nice day! :lol:

Actually, every stat program I've seen taht auto-detected a First To Find did it based on the content of the log (e.g. putting "FTF" in your log), not the order of the logs.

Keep in mind, most of the stat generators work off the MyFinds Pocket Query and that PQ only includes YOUR logs...so there's no way for those stat programs to know if it was the FIRST LOG. :ph34r:

Have a nice day! :lol:

GSAK works with the MyFinds Pocket Query and Stats can be produced using the popular FindStatsGen macro. In this case, if you add the FTF field to your MyFinds database, and put a checkmark on caches for which you were FTF it will display a list of FTFs in your stats. I did that for awhile but now I don't even bother marking FTFs in the database. I only update my profile page stats about once a month so they're rarely accurate anyway.

Keep in mind, most of the stat generators work off the MyFinds Pocket Query and that PQ only includes YOUR logs...so there's no way for those stat programs to know if it was the FIRST LOG. :unsure:

Have a nice day! ;)

COOL, so I can pad my FTF count in stat generators by saying "Not FTF" in my logs?

NICE!

Unless one of the other loggers claimed FTF over you does it really matter?

Even if one does, does it really matter? The order people log, or what they claim doesn't change

the facts. You are FTF or you aren't

If you count FTFs just carve another notch in your bed post and nothing else matters.

Edited by briansnat