Oregon300 Soft Keys

My Oregon 300 won't boot after loading about 820MB of Topo 2008 maps. Garmin e-mail tech supports suggests a master reset by holding down the two "soft keys" while powering up the unit. The wiki offers the same advice. But the manual doesn't tell me where the mysterios soft keys are (can't even find the phrase), nor does the wike. Searched this forum with no luck. I feel like a dope asking such a simple question, but I know you guys are the fastest way to get help.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks. I tried that with no luck. Garmin tech support e-mail said hold the "two soft keys" while powering up the unit, so I've tried various combinations of corner presses with no luck.

Specifically, I loaded 1711 tiles from Topo 2008. Total size was 819.9 MB. There is no data card in the unit. I had tried to load a larger map set and got an error message in MapSource, so I reduced the number of tiles to get the data size below the 920 MB or so that I had first tried to load. The data compiled fine in MapSource, and I got an message saying that the data was successfully sent. I sent maps only. No waypoints or other data. After sending the maps, the unit continued to show the screen indicating that it was hooked up to the computer.

Now, when you power up the unit, it shows the Garmin logo, the copyright 2008 message and the message saying "loading waypoints, tracks and routes . . ." Then it shows some horizontal lines across the screen and fades out. I get exactly the same result when I put in fresh batteries, and when I plug it into the computer.The unit won't reset when I press the upper left corner of the screen while powering up the unit, either on battery power or when plugged into the computer. No matter what I try I get the same result. If I hold the upper left corner and the power button, the unit stays on "laoding waypoints, tracks and routes . . . " for as long as the power button is held. Once it is released, it dies.