Groundspeak Store

srudnik

After looking at the store I was just thinking of an idea. I know it might be difficult to monitor or manage, if at all even possible, but I think that geocaching success should have some kind of rewards when it comes to purchasing items from the Groundspeak store. For example, maybe after 50 or ever 100 finds, a user might be able to get a Travelbug at a discounted price, or maybe some other type of reward program to further entice cachers to go the extra mile and become even more enthused about caching.

Heheheh.

Welcome to the forums.

Ummmm... no.

There already are many that equate high find counts with some type of increased status. If there were some tangible reward given by Groundspeak for high numbers of find counts, then we would see a tremendous increase in false finds.

We're already seeing a four page thread on why people actually have to visit the site to be able to log a find and get an intangible "smiley" to increase their find count. How bad would that situation be if the high find count equalled some monetary incentive?

No thanks.

Heheheh.

Welcome to the forums.

Ummmm... no.

There already are many that equate high find counts with some type of increased status. If there were some tangible reward given by Groundspeak for high numbers of find counts, then we would see a tremendous increase in false finds.

We're already seeing a four page thread on why people actually have to visit the site to be able to log a find and get an intangible "smiley" to increase their find count. How bad would that situation be if the high find count equalled some monetary incentive?

No thanks.

I just go out and have fun.