Can't 'Send to GPS"

Scubasonic

Hi,

It looks like there is something going on with the Send to GPS button. The Developers do know about it and are already working on figuring out what is going on.

feel free to send me an email at contact@geocaching.com if you have any questions.

-Jessica

Same here. got new plugin and still doesnt work.

is this what we have to look forward to everytime garmin updates the plugin? :mad:

Take a deep breath !!!! :mad: stuff happens I own a website myself and believe me it is a lot of work, and mine isn't even close to the size of this one.

ScubaSonic

Earlier in the day I was downloading caches to my Oregon I just tried and it says I need "install latest plugin" my buddy called said he was having the same problem.

Anyone else.

ScubaSonic

same here. downloaded all the updates and it still gives me the same comment. From reading the other comments will wait and see

Earlier in the day I was downloading caches to my Oregon I just tried and it says I need "install latest plugin" my buddy called said he was having the same problem.

Anyone else.

ScubaSonic

I can send to my DeLorme fine, but not to my Garmin. Went dead after website was down for maint this afternoon. Updated to latest plugin (on 2 PCs), test page says ok, but doesnt work from a Cache Detail page.

Of course this would happen tonight. I have a day off tomorrow and wanted to go on a cache finding craze. I deleted all my previous caches and was going to select 50 or so and send them to the gps and have a few less caches clogging up my screen. So I come home and try to "send to gps" and nothing. GRRR! haha, oh well- Guess I'll have to do it another way- just wish I wouldnt have deleted all my caches from before.

:ph34r: Ok... I am so glad I found this posting was about to pull my hair out! Oh well... updated Garmin software, updated multiple browsers and associated add-ons. Guess I should have checked here first!

Oh man! I have no hair... I didn't find this posting until now.

Only been a cacher for a couple of weeks and now realise that I'm very dependent on this feature.

Please fix as soon as you can! Thanks

Mr. Aardvark

Anyone else.

ScubaSonic

I have the same problem. I was downloading to my Etrex, Oregon, and Nuvi, then the site went down for maintenence and I can not download at all to any of them. I get the same page. I downloaded the update with no results, so called Garmin. They say everything is ok on their end, so we must wait for Groundspeak to get it fixed. Hopefully today as I have a lot of caches to download.

Just bought a colorado 400t. I an having the same problem. I have downloaded the most recent plugin, but still the same problem. However, you can still download caches at the MyGarmin site. It is not as pretty, but it works. Uses google maps.

Edited by ILUM83

Anyone else.

ScubaSonic

I turned to a premium member today and now had the same problems with send to GPS.

Will hope that it is a problem at Groundspeak. I updated the Oregon Firmware and the

Garmin Communicator but the problem still exists. Let's see tomorrow.

I just released a hot-fix for this issue. Seems with the latest plug in Garmin has changed URLs for the javascript file we load.

-Raine

Raine,

Thank you I just tried downlkoading to my Oregon 400T and it worked great that was a sof 8 AM PST time zone.

Thanks

ScubaSonic

I encountered the "install new plugin" message when attempting to Send To GPS (DeLorme).

I just kept thinking how good it will feel when I quit banging my head against the wall...

Nice to know that my issue may be a host issue.

Noob question: Is send to gps a feature only enable for premium members?

Thnx much

Edited by ch33rfu1

So now I can download gpx files to my new Colorado. I can do this with either the send to button or the load gpx file button. I can then see the gpx icon on my computer when I am in the mass storage mode but when I am in the gps mode the unit can not find any caches. BUT if can see them in map view. But I can not see them in the list of geocaches or waypoints. Are others having this problem?. Basically I seem to be able to download the files to the colorado but I can not view them on the unit. Looking for help.l Thanks.

Edited by joepro56

I encountered the "install new plugin" message when attempting to Send To GPS (DeLorme).

I just kept thinking how good it will feel when I quit banging my head against the wall...

Nice to know that my issue may be a host issue.

Noob question: Is send to gps a feature only enable for premium members?

Thnx much

Got it working on one PC.

Maybe this is a different problem but still fits thread title:

I have DeLorme GPSr;

The plugin works fine for "send to GPS" on about 85% of caches, but for the remaining few, the window opens, the plugin seems to load, and then it just sits there. If I hit the "close" button, it re-opens and repeats the process without working any better. "X'ing" out of it closes it for good with no residual problems.

Moving on to the next cache in the list, it works perfectly. Closing browser, clearing cache, refreshing page, rebooting GPSr, nothing helps. And it's consistently the same caches causing problems.

Is there a limit on the number of times a non-premium member can send any 1 cache to GPS?

u.j.b.

I'm following your directions as close as I can. Hope this works.

As of yesterday, I can no longer Send to GPS using Firefox. Screen stays light grey even though Garmin Communicator site confirms it's reading my ETrex H and the software is up to date.

We're talking Firefox 3.6.3 only; Send to GPS works fine on IE8 (but I prefer Firefox).

Using Windows Vista. Problem occurs with every cache I've tried over the past day. If you need a specific, the last one was GC28F8P.

Thanks

I'm following your directions as close as I can. Hope this works.

As of yesterday, I can no longer Send to GPS using Firefox. Screen stays light grey even though Garmin Communicator site confirms it's reading my ETrex H and the software is up to date.

We're talking Firefox 3.6.3 only; Send to GPS works fine on IE8 (but I prefer Firefox).

Using Windows Vista. Problem occurs with every cache I've tried over the past day. If you need a specific, the last one was GC28F8P.

Thanks

I am having the same problem with Firefox 3.6.4, Windows XP sp3, GPSMAP 60csx. I checked the plugin and it can see my GPS. I used Mapsource to download some maps and it could see and write to the GPS. I t works in Chrome, so it appears that something either in Firefox or the way the plugin interacts with Firefox is messed up. I know it used to work, but I am not sure of an exact date.

Is anyone else have a problem? Does anyone have any ideas to try?

Thanks

Terrible Ts