Golden Tombstone Game - Geoboo

coreynjoey

Ok ya'll, we have Cords for #10.....this time, its a bit different though!

After 2 hours sleep, I woke up at 3am last night and chased this tombstone down. I am still groggy, but the details are that I spend far too long looking for a decent flashlight. I ultimately decided to carry 3 flashlights tied together to provide enough light to light up any reflective surfaces (learned from previous experience)

After the flashlight search, it was about 12:30 am, when I, unfamiliar with the little park, became convinced it was filled with hobos and winos. (very active imagination). So I decided to hit it at 4am when they were likely all passed out and no longer menacing the park. The drive time was about 40 minutes and I arrived without incident.

Starting from the coordinates, I used the "flashlight matrix" to unevenly illuminate the reflectors. Excellent path, and I was bouncing from site to site, when I realized somebody was watching me from a window of a nearby home. Why were they awake? What fool is awake at this hour? I hurriedly extinguished my lights and paused for a bit. The man in the window went away and I became convinced of his eventual 911 call about my nefarious activities. Not wanting to meet any fine police officers, I took my search to high gear!

Running from site to site, using one underpowered flashlight shining through my hand (to keep my position secret from the menacing man in the window), I became lost multiple times and retraced my path often. This is how I usually geocache, just not as frantic, and not as successful, as I eventually found the little tombstone neatly hidden in the belly of some tree type plant. I poked it with a stick to be sure its origin.

Then, realizing that I had 40 minutes to be back home before my wife went to work. So, I ran back through the park and waved goodbye to my friend in the window (I don't think he ever saw me), and did a Dukes of Hazzard slide across my truck hood (not really). Started it up and lurched into the night with my ill gotten gains. I didn't see one hobo or wino. That was a relief.

I made it home and fell asleep on the couch in all my cloths, just in time for the wife and kids to wake up. Mission accomplished, and soup now is the proud owner of #10. The soup family will see everyone at Geoboo. We cant wait!!

#12 coords are:

N48 09.363 W122 09.846

Good Luck!!!!

When I started tracking this topic I had no idea if I'd even have a shot at one of these treasures. Today being extremely laaaazy, like moreso than usual, I was alternating between dozing and reading my book when my phone sprang to life with a notification that this topic had been replied too. HUH, thinks I. Working quickly I grabbed my gps and began inputting coords while I located my shoes. Only 4 miles and change from home. "LETS GO!" We parked in a familiar location and walked down a trail we've been down many, many times until the gps ticked down to 18'. Close enough for Gordy to put the gadget away and we get down to the serious business of hunting. It didn't take long before I spied something peculiar. DING DING DING - I was the winnah winnah and I didn't even get any chicken dinnah.

Thanks for the fun!

#12 coords are:

N48 09.363 W122 09.846

Good Luck!!!!

When I started tracking this topic I had no idea if I'd even have a shot at one of these treasures. Today being extremely laaaazy, like moreso than usual, I was alternating between dozing and reading my book when my phone sprang to life with a notification that this topic had been replied too. HUH, thinks I. Working quickly I grabbed my gps and began inputting coords while I located my shoes. Only 4 miles and change from home. "LETS GO!" We parked in a familiar location and walked down a trail we've been down many, many times until the gps ticked down to 18'. Close enough for Gordy to put the gadget away and we get down to the serious business of hunting. It didn't take long before I spied something peculiar. DING DING DING - I was the winnah winnah and I didn't even get any chicken dinnah.

Thanks for the fun!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!

Are there any tombstones left out in the wild to find?
I don't see any report that #17 has been found. While it's way south of Tacoma, it's still quite a drive north from Portland -- a long way to go on spec. Maybe somebody will stop by on the drive to Geoboo?

[i have to drive the other way that day. Saturday is when prospective U of Oregon students visit campus, so I'm shepherding my two 17-year-olds to Eugene.]

N48 32.807 W123 24.206 is still unfound??!! How can that be? :)

Can we offer to pick up someone who'd like to 'walk on' the ferry and leave their car and the line ups at home or would that be not in the spirit of the game? We are around this week...

Come on over to the wild side... I promise we won't bite :o

Edited by Landsharkz