Earthcaches and Travelbugs/Geocoins

AZcachemeister

Hey guys, no flames please, but I have a question. Since we can 'dip' coins into ECs, is there anything wrong with going back to the first found EC and working forward, log a single coin into each EC found? I was thinking of using one of our platinum coins to do so.

It may take a little while but it would fun to see the miles and then keep it up-to-date.

Thanks. :)

Hey guys, no flames please, but I have a question. Since we can 'dip' coins into ECs, is there anything wrong with going back to the first found EC and working forward, log a single coin into each EC found? I was thinking of using one of our platinum coins to do so.

It may take a little while but it would fun to see the miles and then keep it up-to-date.

Thanks. :)

Knock yourself out.

Did I break the thread? I have logged 3 EC's and used the option to let my trackables visit the EC's, and they show to have visited the EC. But on the EC's inventory page where it says trackable history and view past trackables, I am unable to view past trackables. Nothing happens when you try and click on the link? This is only happining on EC's, and not traditionals. B) Anybody know why? :)

Did I break the thread? I have logged 3 EC's and used the option to let my trackables visit the EC's, and they show to have visited the EC. But on the EC's inventory page where it says trackable history and view past trackables, I am unable to view past trackables. Nothing happens when you try and click on the link? This is only happining on EC's, and not traditionals. :laughing: Anybody know why? :anibad:

Agreed - I have the same problem. It would be great to see how many other EC hunters have passed their coins / TB's through my TB's. OTOH I suppose we should just be grateful that we can actually log our travelers through EC's. :(

BTW, I have just completed retro-visiting all my EC's that I have found and developed with my EarthCache geocoin. 27 EC's has clocked up over 105,000km for my coin already! :( I was pleasantly surprised! :)

Did I break the thread? I have logged 3 EC's and used the option to let my trackables visit the EC's, and they show to have visited the EC. But on the EC's inventory page where it says trackable history and view past trackables, I am unable to view past trackables. Nothing happens when you try and click on the link? This is only happining on EC's, and not traditionals. :P Anybody know why? :laughing:

Agreed - I have the same problem. It would be great to see how many other EC hunters have passed their coins / TB's through my TB's. OTOH I suppose we should just be grateful that we can actually log our travelers through EC's. :D

BTW, I have just completed retro-visiting all my EC's that I have found and developed with my EarthCache geocoin. 27 EC's has clocked up over 105,000km for my coin already! :D I was pleasantly surprised! :unsure:

I am hoping that I can find some kind of geocoin that has some type of EC icon, I plan on doing the same thing. Maybe just use my trackable tattoo icon, or both.

I am hoping that I can find some kind of geocoin that has some type of EC icon, I plan on doing the same thing. Maybe just use my trackable tattoo icon, or both.

MPH - I have purchased the EarthCache Geocoin that has the same icon as the EC icons. You can look at a photo on my coin's page - TB2YYR1

I've not had any problems and have been able to dip my GS EC coins as well as my GSA EC coins.

The problem that was referred to in the thread was that of not being able to see how many coins/TB's have visited your EC. Because they cannot be dropped the history of what has visited remains blank. It would be nice to be able to see how many have visited - just like a normal cache. But hey, let's not complain too loud - at least we can now have our coins/TB's visit EC's.

I've not had any problems and have been able to dip my GS EC coins as well as my GSA EC coins.

The problem that was referred to in the thread was that of not being able to see how many coins/TB's have visited your EC. Because they cannot be dropped the history of what has visited remains blank. It would be nice to be able to see how many have visited - just like a normal cache. But hey, let's not complain too loud - at least we can now have our coins/TB's visit EC's.

Okay, let me restate then that when I said that I was having no problems I also meant that in dipping an EC coin that I could do and see the same things as I could with any other type of coin and on any other cache. Including seeing the coin listed within the page's history of TB/coins visited. So the history of what has visited was not blank, and I can also look at the history of mine and see all the visits that it made. Are you not able to do that?

Okay, let me restate then that when I said that I was having no problems I also meant that in dipping an EC coin that I could do and see the same things as I could with any other type of coin and on any other cache. Including seeing the coin listed within the page's history of TB/coins visited. So the history of what has visited was not blank, and I can also look at the history of mine and see all the visits that it made. Are you not able to do that?

There was a problem on the EC page that the view history of past trackables link would not function. This was limited to EC's when trackables were first allowed to visit. It works fine now, GC must have fixed it.