How do I edit a pocket query ?

bobandrobin

OK, I'm new and trying not to ask dumb questions but..... last week I set up my first pocket query and set it up on a weekly basis. I have a lot of caches to look for now and don't need any new data. How do I pause it? I know to get in by clicking my user name/member features but cannot find an edit link. Also, are these queries stored for me somewhere?

Go to http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/ and you'll find your saved PQs. If you want to stop generating one just uncheck the day of the week it runs. You can create and delete here as well.

OpinioNate, Thank you but I'm still having no luck getting into My Pocket Queries. When I follow the link there are three links on top: Geocaching Home > Pocket Queries> My Pocket Queries. When I mouse over the "My Pocket Queries" link it does nothing. Clicking on the "Pocket Queries" link takes me to the same page That I am on. The tab for the page I am on reads "My Pocket Queries."

If I'm wrong about setting it up weekly and only ran it once would it be trashed after being generated? I'm thinking the link the link for "My Queries" isn't working because it's empty. ?

My guess is that you checked a day of the week to run, but told the pocket query to "run once and then delete".

The post above is a great example using current data. There may be caches that are archived or disabled, but you may also miss hitting a new cache on the way out to another one.

However, don't go too crazy and feel that you need to have the most current data all the time. On July 16, there were 2,015 caches within 20 miles of my home. During the last half of July, 9 caches were placed, 12 were temp disabled and 14 were archived. Each of those changes was less than 1% change.

So, get fresh data, but don't over-worry about stale data either.