Time

Pinehurst

Click MY CONTROLS near the top, right-hand corner of the forums page.

Then select BOARD SETTINGS in the menu on the left.

Set Daylight Saving Time however you want it. :P

Auto correct is on.

Do you have the right time zone selected?

I've never had the auto-correct feature working either, on this forum or on others running totally different software, neither in EST/EDT nor GMT/BST. Just set the DST tickbox manually - it's a minute of your time and only twice a year :P

The 'ranks' you talk of - do you mean 'Geocacher', 'Premium Member, 'Charter Member', etc? 'Geocachers' are free accounts, 'Premium members' are, well, guess... Someone will be along shortly to make a witty comment about Charter Members and how special they are.

You can't see other peoples selection in the GPS device fields. At least, not as far as I can see.

Edit for fat-fingered typo...

Edited by JeremyR

You can't see other peoples selection in the GPS device fields. At least, not as far as I can see.

Interesting. When this feature first started I assumed it could be seen by anyone who looked at my profile. Now I see that's not correct. So what's the point? I already know what I use!

You're a "tadpole" until you've made ten forum posts. Then you're a "Geocacher.". If you purchase a premium membership then your rank is "premium member" unless you customize your forum title. Persons who became premium members during the first twelve months this was offered (2002-2003) are "charter members."

All other "ranks" are for Groundspeak employees and volunteers.

What are the ranks on these forums?

Bug: on this page, the admin link is dead: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...mp;CODE=leaders

Bug: Some of the regenial boards have "Talk" in the descripshen and one does not.

Dude, when you edit your original post you really lose the rest of us that are reading a thread much later.

I'd suggest that if you have other questions you should start new threads. It's easier for everyone.

This one is all jacked up now. :/

What are the ranks on these forums?

Bug: on this page, the admin link is dead: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...mp;CODE=leaders

Bug: Some of the regenial boards have "Talk" in the descripshen and one does not.

Dude, when you edit your original post you really lose the rest of us that are reading a thread much later.

I'd suggest that if you have other questions you should start new threads. It's easier for everyone.

This one is all jacked up now. :/

He actually started two threads but a mod asked him to put all his requests into one thread. This is apparently due to the new GeoBigDawg/PuppyDawg guideline. :mad:

The OP has changed quite a bit since I first looked at this thread. It would be better to put additional questions in a reply to the thread rather than edit your original post. I'd never have noticed it changed if it hadn't been pointed out, especially since (under my forum preferences) we're on the second page.

To answer the newest question about the word 'talk', erm... Does that matter?

This is apparently due to the new GeoBigDawg/PuppyDawg guideline. :mad:
:mad::mad::mad:
Ok, the only things left are the two bugs.

Bug (n). A fault or defect in a computer program, system, or machine.

Neither of the two things you mentioned are bugs. One's a broken link and is hardly the end of the world (incidentally, the profile it's meant to link to is presumably this one). The other is a purely aesthetic detail.

Honestly, I'm sure the vast majority of us would rather that the techies at Groundspeak put their efforts into fixing things that matter over things that really, really don't...