Adopting out some EarthCaches

TerryDad2

I'm not keeping up with responding to all of my EarthCaches, so I'm looking to adopt a few out. Is anyone interested?

TerryDad2,

I am sorry to hear that you want to let some of your ECs go since you are one of my favorite EC developers. It wouldn't make a lot of since to adopt some of your ECs that are west of the Mississippi but the three that you have in Maine are of interest. They are: GCZ5J0, GCZ5FP and GCZ5FJ.

While I have visited Maine in years past, Marge and I would have an excuse to return. We have relatives in nearby New Hampshire.

If you are interested, let us know. Thanks. :P

KK & M

I'm in Arkansas, so any near there I'd be glad to help out on.

Actually, it can be where ever.

It's that teacher in me...Always looking for a few good examples for lessons, that and my wife teaches earth science in junior high.

She steals my lessons I make off of the earthcaches I make.

TerryDad2,

I am sorry to hear that you want to let some of your ECs go since you are one of my favorite EC developers. It wouldn't make a lot of since to adopt some of your ECs that are west of the Mississippi but the three that you have in Maine are of interest. They are: GCZ5J0, GCZ5FP and GCZ5FJ.

While I have visited Maine in years past, Marge and I would have an excuse to return. We have relatives in nearby New Hampshire.

If you are interested, let us know. Thanks. :mad:

KK & M

Thanks so much :mad: . It is so that I have the time to continue to develop more. Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere. I'm also bookmarking every one of them so that I can still watch them.

TerryDad2,

If you are interested, let us know. Thanks. :unsure:

KK & M

Thanks so much ;) . It is so that I have the time to continue to develop more. Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere. I'm also bookmarking every one of them so that I can still watch them.

I guess the three in Maine are not up for adoption. Thanks anyway. :D

TerryDad2,

If you are interested, let us know. Thanks. :blink:

KK & M

Thanks so much :D . It is so that I have the time to continue to develop more. Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere. I'm also bookmarking every one of them so that I can still watch them.

Just wondering, why you would develop more if you can"t keep up with what you have now?

Just wondering, why you would develop more if you can"t keep up with what you have now?

I shoud have put it differently. My current EarthCaches are taking up so much time I don't have time to develop more.

I like sharing an interest in geology. I enjoy going out, finding these spots, describing them, and sharing them with others.

The Rainbow Fish principle.

I'd could take Bonito Lava Flow (GCZ5H1). Family is in New Mexico (I'm military in Kansas currently), and am quite familar with most of the Aa flows in the Southwest. Have been to Bonito, as well. So, I'd be adopting one with an interest and close to "home" (as in "original geographical spot" as opposed to "home where the Army sends me" :blink: ).

I'd be happy to take anything in WA, OR, ID or CA. These are the ones I'd love to adopt:

• the Devil's Postpile ECs - GC1FE0J, GC1FE0F, GC1FE0F
  • Travertine Hot Springs - GC1DTQN
  • Red Rock Pass - Lake Bonneville Flood - GC15FH5
  • Pothole Dome - Glacial Feature - GC1QN2J
  • Yosemite Valley River Meander - GC1QN2P
  • the Burney Creek ECs - GC1X77J, GC1X720, although they look kind of new
  • Ancient Mt. Shasta Debris Avalanche - GC1X3AK, although it looks new, too

However, I'd be happy to help with whatever you need.

Thanks,

Flutey

Thanks again to TerryDad2 for allowing me to take over two of his ECs. Now it gives me a reason to visit the Great Salt Lake....(not that I should have needed one before now as it was...)

I would be glad to take the Burney Falls related caches over

Thanks for the offer. Those a bit young to be adoped out. They need some more testing.

Why continue submitting new ones only to adopt out more ECs later :) ? Its a nice gesture to find them and give them away but there are lots of people who enjoy finding these locations themselves.

The holidays and trying to get a bunch of new ones approved is keeping me busy. I'll return to adopting out some more later. Based on the guidelines that were almost adopted, I'll try to find local cachers to take them.

Why continue submitting new ones only to adopt out more ECs later?

I think the crux of the problem is that I think Terry makes an effort to respond to every email that he gets, which given the number of EC's he's had Published, must be an Everest of emails in his Inbox :)

That, plus the responses I've received, usually includes some additional information on the EC site. I can understand that it would be difficult/impossible to keep up with that sort of thing.

I know that the two EC's in my area that he adopted over to me, are probably the 2nd and 3rd busiest Listings in my Profile, and I also make the effort to respond to each email, to keep within the spirit of how Terry managed them. I can't imagine multiplying that sort of workload X100 or more!

I'm more than happy to take more if Terry needs the help, which in turn, means more well written EC's :)

I think the crux of the problem is that I think Terry makes an effort to respond to every email that he gets, which given the number of EC's he's had Published, must be an Everest of emails in his Inbox :)

That, plus the responses I've received, usually includes some additional information on the EC site. I can understand that it would be difficult/impossible to keep up with that sort of thing.

I know that the two EC's in my area that he adopted over to me, are probably the 2nd and 3rd busiest Listings in my Profile, and I also make the effort to respond to each email, to keep within the spirit of how Terry managed them. I can't imagine multiplying that sort of workload X100 or more!

I'm more than happy to take more if Terry needs the help, which in turn, means more well written EC's :)

Nail on the head. That would be the issue.

Fully concur with your statement but may I add, I own/written up over 220 ECs and dont have any problems keeping up with the email traffic.

My response to finders is "Good to go!" for ECs that have been done correctly. I write more if theres an issue.

Edited by Cav Scout