Cache pre-review

Firstly you must have the permission to place the cache where ever it is, after that its up to the reviewer. Place the cache and provide as much information about its location and surroundings , even why you want to place the cache, and if it meets all the guildlines in the TOC...assuming you have read them, you shouldn't have too much trouble with it getting approved.

We have a location where we desire to place a cache, but before actual

placement we like to know if if has a reasonable chance of being approved.

What is the correct procedure?

In my experience, I go ahead and fill out the cache placement form and uncheck the cache is in place option. This puts it in the que, but not out for a reviewer.

I would then send a PM to the local reviewer and give a general description of the area and location for the hide along with the coordinates. If he says no problem, go hide your cache and submit the form.

Your local reviewer can be a great asset.

Just my thoughts.

Many volunteer reviewers will help with questions on a time-available basis. In the areas where I review, I ask geocachers to create a very basic cache page that includes all of the coordinates (if it is a multistage cache or a mystery/puzzle cache) and to note any questions they might have about potential guidelines issues. Also, clearly note in the cache description area that the cache page is not ready for publication.

I reply in the form of a reviewer note on the cache page, which the system in turn sends to the cache owner.

Doing this is outside the scope of the regular duties of the volunteer reviewers and some may not be able to provide this extra assistance.

Hope this helps.

Bar none - the absolute best way to get your cache reviewed and published as is: - read and follow ALL the guidelines closely. Make sure you fully understand the guidelines and you check and re-check to make certain your proposed hide fits nicely within all of them.

Then ask the local reviewer if you are not certain about any aspect. After that - you can submit with confidence knowing it will be published soon.

Since pre-review and a review essentially doubles the workload, and since we are volunteers, it helps if you don't make it a habit. The best way is to be comfortable with the guidelines, place the cache, the submit it. If you are not sure, ask the Reviewer or even a knowledgeable local cacher. Most of us are very open to questions.

Here's a short list of some of the common new cacher issues...

Placing a cache while on vacation.

Placing caches on national Parks or Wilderness area.

Placing a cache too close to another cache.

Placing a cache too close to the intermediate point of a multi cache or a puzzle cache.

Leaving a 1 inch pocket knife in the cache.

In other words... go for it.

We have a location where we desire to place a cache, but before actual

placement we like to know if if has a reasonable chance of being approved.

What is the correct procedure?

We have already reported/created the cache page, but unchecked 'active' as it is not yet in place.

We have also made a note to reviewer regarding the potential issues;

however if we understand correctly that won't be seen until we make it active.

So if we complete the container and place it and it gets rejected,

then we will have wasted that time and time spent recovering container.

So do we:

A) Simply send an email to the reviewer describing conditions

B) same as 'A', but also include the cache waypoint or a link to the cache page.

C) Mark cache as active, but somewhere note that it isn't really active.

Note: we aren't sure whom would be the correct reviewer as cache approvals

in that area have been given by 3 different reviewers

Edited by LightHouseSeekers

Many volunteer reviewers will help with questions on a time-available basis. In the areas where I review, I ask geocachers to create a very basic cache page that includes all of the coordinates (if it is a multistage cache or a mystery/puzzle cache) and to note any questions they might have about potential guidelines issues. Also, clearly note in the cache description area that the cache page is not ready for publication.

I reply in the form of a reviewer note on the cache page, which the system in turn sends to the cache owner.

Doing this is outside the scope of the regular duties of the volunteer reviewers and some may not be able to provide this extra assistance.

I have contacted my local reviewer on many occassions with all osrts of questions - proximity, is this within the guidelines, etc. I have several "unusual" type hides, and ran all of them past the Reviewer well before I proceeded with too much effort expended.

Fortunately I have a terrific reviewer in my area who is willing to work with the local cachers.