Oregon 550

A few queries. This is my first touchscreen GPS. Can I fit a screen protector to it?

Also, is it WAAS enabled? Do I have to activate WAAS, or is it done as standard?

Yes you can use a screen protector...most recommend one from Zagg. WAAS capability must be selected/activated. Goto Setup, System, and select WAAS.

Bill

I use the Garmin slip case and a screen protector I bought at walmart, made for an iphone. I cut it to shape and it works fine.

Picture here :P

That link to the picture does not work. I would like to see the picture if it can be reposted or something.

hmm.. it was broken at first but it now seems to work for me. Try again and if that doesn't work, try this one:

Another source for the picture :ph34r:

Edited by Tahoe Skier5000

hmm.. it was broken at first but it now seems to work for me. Try again and if that doesn't work, try this one:

Another source for the picture :P

The new link works fine. Nice looking case. This is all making me want to get an Oregon!

I wonder if the original link will work for you because maybe you're logged into the photo site, and maybe others aren't and can't access the image? Just a guess.

I'm having a bit of trouble here. I use memory map and quo mapping software, but the GPS doesn't seem to be recognised by either. I can download photos from it, but otherwise I can't send routes or waypoints to my maps. :mad:

It's currently set on Garmin Spanner.

Is this correct?

Edited by jester2005